PDA

View Full Version : Plastikoting cardboard?

Queen Of The High Teas
07-07-2011, 12:43 AM
Can you plastikote cardboard box card? I've done some shelves/ hideouts for my hammies and mice out of it but will plastikote waterproof it? Or do I need to put something else on them as well?

vanilla-yazoo
07-07-2011, 04:10 AM
you could cover it with the pva (kid safe) 1st then plastikote, i used clear plastikote on freds shelves, that worked fine. i dont get any bad things from water now. Its up to you, the pva could make it stronger too.
:D

Sammybingo
07-07-2011, 05:40 AM
I've been meaning to ask about Plastikote too - I need to plastikote the wheel, really, for a new ham, as I don't know if they will tiddle on their wheel. But I need to know precisely which one to get, as I've seen it a couple of times and freaked out at the choice! Can I just use a coloured one? Does it matter which one? x

vanilla-yazoo
07-07-2011, 07:48 AM
i used the 'krystal clear' It seems fine, apparantly the small pots of enamel are completely safe, they are in all colours. but ild get a second opinion, im just echoing what ive read.
I left freds wheel unsprayed, he is good with it. but with a new hammy its probably best!