PDA

View Full Version : *Ferplast Duna Fun review*

linford27
07-06-2011, 10:56 AM
INTRO

My syrian hamster Charlie is currently living in his duna fun, after moving out of his awful habitrail ovo. he is NOT yet fully grown, he is about 13cm.

I like it better becuase:
*tubes are large and well ventilated
*plenty of levels
*cute house which he loves
*space for toys
*good water bottle- works well

however,
*he plastic is quite flimsy, and my lid had cracked. however i was sent a replacement next day free of charge.
*the wheel is NOT USABLE!! too small and doesnt spin right. Get a saucer or silent spinner if you buy this cage!

overall, dont let those 2 points put you off, silent spinners/saucers are cheap, and worth it for the otherwise great cage!

i hope this review helped you!

ButterflyBoo_x
08-10-2011, 12:35 PM
I'm looking at this cage for my syrian, because hes in a duna mini at the moment!

Would you say its good for a syrian? Mines also not fully grown, hes about 4 1/2 months old.

xx

Gizmodo ^_^
08-10-2011, 12:36 PM
I'm looking at this cage for my syrian, because hes in a duna mini at the moment!

Would you say its good for a syrian? Mines also not fully grown, hes about 4 1/2 months old.

xx

I wouldn't say its big enough
my mum has one for her Campbells and its lovely for that
but a syrian no way

A syrian needs 80x50cm+ ideally
so cages like the Hamster heaven, Criceti 15, Ruffy 2, Ferplast Mary, Zoozone2
The duna fun is the same size as the mini duna just has an extra shelf

ButterflyBoo_x
08-10-2011, 12:40 PM
Oh and another thing i just thought of, my little mans got a 8" rolly wheel on a stand in his cage at the moment, is there room for this under the high shelf? x

Gizmodo ^_^
08-10-2011, 12:50 PM
Oh and another thing i just thought of, my little mans got a 8" rolly wheel on a stand in his cage at the moment, is there room for this under the high shelf? x

No their isn't :), Hamlet's 6inch one just fits under the shelf
http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb138/RachK_album/DSCF7589.jpg
^Thats Hamlet my mum's Campbells setup

ButterflyBoo_x
08-10-2011, 01:35 PM
i see what you mean about there not really being any extra room. I've got my eyes on Duna Multy (but dislike the fact i can't have a mesenine level shelfy thing!) or the IMAC Fantasy with a extension, its the same dimensions as what hes got now, so would make him double the floor space x

Gizmodo ^_^
08-10-2011, 01:38 PM
i see what you mean about there not really being any extra room. I've got my eyes on Duna Multy (but dislike the fact i can't have a mesenine level shelfy thing!) or the IMAC Fantasy with a extension, its the same dimensions as what hes got now, so would make him double the floor space x

You could put a wooden shelf in the duna multy
i own one for my Winter white Dwarf Mabel :)
http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb138/RachK_album/DSCF7522.jpg
^Thats a recent setup of hers

ButterflyBoo_x
08-10-2011, 02:30 PM
sorry to sound silly but wheres the water bottle? and where did you get the shelf from/ is it home made?
loves like a lovely spacey setup though! xx

linford27
08-11-2011, 02:33 AM
ATTENTION!!!!!

I WOKE THIS MORNING TO FIND CHARLIE HAD CHEWED A HOLE IN THE CORNER OF HIS DUNA FUN!!! HE NEARLY ESCAPED!!
WONT BE BUYING AGAIN!!
lol i know that contradicts my review but the little so & so chewed a hole in the plastic!

laurajane
08-11-2011, 02:37 AM
ATTENTION!!!!!

I WOKE THIS MORNING TO FIND CHARLIE HAD CHEWED A HOLE IN THE CORNER OF HIS DUNA FUN!!! HE NEARLY ESCAPED!!
WONT BE BUYING AGAIN!!
lol i know that contradicts my review but the little sod chewed a hole in the plastic!

hehe this made me chuckle!! they are naughty little things :) glad he didnt escape though!! sorry to laugh :) xx

dan_parsons
08-11-2011, 02:41 AM
ATTENTION!!!!!

WONT BE BUYING AGAIN!!
lol i know that contradicts my review but the little sod chewed a hole in the plastic!

Was that through the water bottle hole?

linford27
08-11-2011, 02:43 AM
Was that through the water bottle hole?

no he just started chewing the ridge in the corner and that went into a big hole you can poke a wotsit thorugh

mangoandmimi
08-11-2011, 02:47 AM
Yepp thats what happened with pearl, she chomped her way through two of those cages :/ could happen with any plastic cage though (like mimi and her zoozone..>.<)

linford27
08-11-2011, 02:54 AM
^^ what did you do? i've contacted ferplast and waiting reply, and equinecaninefeline said they can send a replacement base but i dont want this cage anymore, did you get refund or anything?
also, any1 reccomend a chew proof, pref cheap cage for charlie now?

mangoandmimi
08-11-2011, 02:59 AM
I sold the bars and top :D
didnt think of contacting ferplast, anyway the cage was 2nd hand so wouldnt get a refund :/
i'd just go for a bin tbh :)

linford27
08-11-2011, 03:05 AM
you mean you sold what was left of it? where did you sell it?

purple_x
08-12-2011, 03:02 PM
you mean you sold what was left of it? where did you sell it?

Selling the bars, extra level and tubes to someone would mean they could turn their mini duna into a duna fun :D

You could always ask on here if anyone needs the extra bits.

SnickersTheFirst
08-14-2011, 04:31 AM
I'd be interested if you were selling the extra bits for a decent price so I can upgrade my Mini Duna.

Mrs.Wiffles
10-28-2011, 05:31 AM
ATTENTION!!!!!

WONT BE BUYING AGAIN!!

Funnily enough...or not... I caught harriet doing this yesterday in the corner of her Ferplast Duna Fun :rolleyes: so I'm on the hunt for a new cage/tank.

Vectis Hamstery
10-29-2011, 04:27 PM
I've had hammies chew holes in plastic cages (Bin cages, Rodys and zoozones). I solder small squares of plastic over the holes, and in the case of the zoozone over all of those silly indented parts pre-emptively!
If it's plastic/wood then there's a chance they will chew it, especially if there are any uneven areas, like the indents in the zoozone. I have chosen most of my bin cages because the insides are smooth and so reduces the chance of them chewing their way out.

vanilla-yazoo
10-29-2011, 04:33 PM
aurora chewed the base of her cambridge, we caught her just before she got to the other side, but a few more mins secretly nomming and she would have been out, we got her a 2nd hand fish tank, wich now is swapped with our bigger tank as the one with fish sprung a leak, lucky we got her the tank really lol!
any chewing hams i recommend this! she tries but cant chew threw the glass hehe

Flamestriker
12-03-2011, 08:40 AM
ATTENTION!!!!!

WONT BE BUYING AGAIN!!
lol i know that contradicts my review but the little so & so chewed a hole in the plastic!

Yip so did one of mine about 6 years ago it was a Ferplast Duna something, quite big (the cage, not the hamster) and I ended up using the base for a wood shaving collection instead of a box for the then new bar cage.