PDA

View Full Version : RIP Sauron

fsrv
07-05-2011, 06:26 AM
I have come to my native Greece for a three-weeks-holiday and left my hammies at home with my boyfriend. A couple of days ago, my boyfriend called to say that little Sauron passed away. As I am away, I don't know exactly how it happened.
I hope Sauron enjoyed his short life with us. He was a rescue hamster, always a bit nervous, never very tame. He had kinky tail and I suspect he was rather blind, because he used to bump into the walls. He had a big appetite and always came out from his hide-out when I called his name to give him treats. He enjoyed running all over the apartment, hiding behind the flower pots and loved digging in his corncob box.
I hope he is in hamster heaven now, a big desert like that in alleppo only with many little oases with sunflowers and walnut trees.

AliKati
07-05-2011, 07:15 AM
I'm sorry to hear that Sauron has passed. It must be difficult not to know what has happened. It sounds like he had a lovely time with you, and he was very lucky to have found you for the latter part of his life. I like to think that the rainbow bridge also leads to big deserts with oases, as well as the fields I imagine. :)

fluffymunchkins
07-05-2011, 11:39 AM
Sleep tight little one, I'm so sorry you had to hear the news while you were away xx

Pompompoms
07-05-2011, 03:40 PM
:( I'm so sorry Sauron was called while you were away. Play well at the bridge little one with all our dearly missed friends xx

fsrv
07-09-2011, 01:09 AM
Thank you all for your kind words. Right now I am far away so I am quite detached. I think the real sadness will hit me when I go back home and see his cage missing :-( Like the french say, c'est la vie (des hamsters...).