PDA

View Full Version : Maple's Dinner

Beowolf72
07-11-2007, 12:48 PM
Hey Everyone!
We just adopted Maple yesterday. She is so sweet and loving. And she REALLY likes the food here! :lol:

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k295/smurfyallison/maple.jpg
Maple says, "I'm just making sure I have enough for later!"

Christine Yule
07-11-2007, 02:13 PM
That is so cute!

Sometimes my Syrians will fill up their cheeks with their food and then run like mad on the wheel. I tease them by saying they have packed their bags and are running away from home! :lol:

Beowolf72
07-11-2007, 02:16 PM
That is so cute!

Sometimes my Syrians will fill up their cheeks with their food and then run like mad on the wheel. I tease them by saying they have packed their bags and are running away from home! :lol:

:lol: LOL! That is too funny! She could bearly go into her house with those cheeks!

pophammy
07-12-2007, 09:16 PM
Aww, she is so cute! Our Sonni does that all the time! She fills her pouches to the brim then wonders why she can't fit through the door to her store! :lol: Instead she goes on top of her ledge and drops everything through the hole! We think it looks like she has water wings! :lol:

babyboos
07-13-2007, 04:53 PM
it can be a scared thing with new hamsters if they hold the excess food in their pouches for ages - they are stocking up to flee, or in case they don't get any fresh supplies. It is benefiicial to provide extra food in the first few days so your little one realises it wont go hungry

Beowolf72
07-13-2007, 07:58 PM
We had just gotten her that afternoon that the picture was taken. She hasn't done it since. She's learned that we are feeding her and giving her occasional treats.
She's a very happy hammie - always stretching and yawning. She really has a wonderful personality too. I'm so glad we were able to give her a good home.

Widowmaker
07-18-2007, 07:13 AM
Aw, well done you for giving her a home!

Was she from a rescue place, then?

She's beautiful :)

Beowolf72
07-18-2007, 06:20 PM
Actually, all the hammies we've adopted, which is 5 hammies, the other 5 were bought, we adopted them from PetCo.

lau200
07-19-2007, 03:41 AM
beautiful hammy :D