PDA

View Full Version : brand spankin new

jabeeberz
04-11-2005, 11:48 AM
I was just going through all my bookmarks and realized I hadn't signed up here yet. So yep, here I am! I probably know a bunch of you from lj land. =)

My name is Katie, I'm 18, and I'm addicted to pets. =P

(I bet I'm not the only one around here!)

I have twenty pets right now.

=D

Right now I'm the proud Mommy of two hamsters. Sammich & Shifferanne.

My love of hamsters started a long time ago. My sn (that I've been using on everything for years and years) actually comes from the name of my very first hamster. Jabeeberz lived over 5 years and was just so amazing. And so the addiction started.

Since Jabeeberz I have had Cutie (my brother called her that so much that by the time I picked out a name everyone was just calling her that!), Shifferanne, Fiona, Arnold, and Sammich.

I have lots of pictures and stories so you'll be seeing me around here a lot from now on! *wave*

SnuggleHam
04-11-2005, 12:22 PM
Welcome to the forum! and just in time to maybe join in the HC photography contest! So what are all these other pets that you have, I'd like to hear more about them as well!!

Can't wait to see pictures and read their stories!

carefresh
04-11-2005, 03:19 PM
Hello, and welcome to this forum ! I would also love to know about your other pets !

babyboos
04-11-2005, 03:36 PM
Hey Katie how is life in Maine? Are you at school or working? Curious as to what pets you all have. Please tell us more. jabeeberz sure was a long-lived hamster. You will need to share your tips with us :oops:

amnerisryn
04-11-2005, 04:02 PM
Welcome Katie!

hammydude
04-11-2005, 05:31 PM
Nice to meet ya Katie!

jabeeberz
04-11-2005, 09:09 PM
Awwwww, thanks for the warm welcome. :)

My pets are:

2 guinea pigs - Chloe and Zoe

2 cats - George and Nellie

1 german shepard - Ruger

1 rabbit - Widget

my two hamsters I already mentioned - Sammich and Shifferanne

and 12 goldfish - Schmoovin, Petchup, Windmill, Dorothy, Elmo, Tulip, Pippi, Zombie, Vancelot, Waffles, Boo, and Donkey

Now goldfish might not seem like big pets to most people....

But they all have such unique personalities and they're very very spoiled. I love them all insanely.

Some of them even like to snuggle against my hand when I'm moving things around in their tanks. =)

I've had a lot more pets than that in the past but I prefer to only keep as many as I can properly give lots of love and attention. I take in rescue animals sometimes though, so I usually have quite the busy little zoo. Unfortunately some of them don't live long though. In spite of my best efforts. =\

I'm "homeschooled" through an internet correspondence school.

Indeed, Beebz lived a very long time but it's really beyond me why he did. He never had any health problems or anything. It was crazy. I mean, he was very spoiled and very loved etc. but yeah, I don't see any difference between the way I took care of him and the way I take care of my little ones now. I wish I did know!

Oh, and if anyone is as into pets as me and would like to add me on lj my sn is zombiehumper.

Thanks again for the warm welcome. =D

amnerisryn
04-12-2005, 05:41 AM
Wow, you have almost as many pets as my family does. :D I friended you on LJ (sn's amnerisryn, same as on here). The pic of Shifferanne is so cute! :D

babyboos
04-12-2005, 01:43 PM
Oh goldfish are definitely pets - my sister's fancy goldfish swims up to blow bubbles at you when you peer in her tank.