PDA

View Full Version : Yosh Yosh :(

Saffy
06-15-2011, 06:30 AM
Last night I got Yoshi out of his cage and his foot was all bloody and swollen. I noticed that he had a rather deep cut on his foot and he was limping. I then noticed he had a slight cut on his tail as well but it looked more like a graze. He was limping and I could tell he was in pain but there was nothing I could do as it was like 11 o'clock at night. However I did block off the floors and take his wheel out and I knew I had to take him to the vet asap.

So I woke up this morning and booked an appointment because it had gotten even worse and he was walking so slowly.

They think it may have been a brain tumour(Although it could have been something else but there was definitely something wrong internally) which caused his eye (I made a post in the past about his eye) and he seemed to have chewed his foot and started to chew his tail. I got 3 options for what to do.....1.Have his foot and tail removed and get his eye treated just in case it wasn't a brain tumour. 2.Have some painkillers for 2 days so I can say goodbye or 3.Have him put down there and then. I wanted what was best for Yoshi so I decided to have him put down because I didn't want him to suffer any more. This was the third time I have taken him to the vets but with just the eye they couldn't tell that it was something more serious than that, the last time I was just told it was a cataract.

I did think there was something wrong with him because he would always run in circles and he was very jumpy and was rather clumsy and obviously his eye.

R.I.P Yoshi
Hope you had a good life, you were taken too early at just 10 months old :(
You will be missed!
I remember when I had just got you, you were so ickle.

LocoRocoPanda
06-15-2011, 06:34 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about Yoshi. He was a gorgeous little ham and even if he was taken when he was just 10 months old he had a wonderful life with you and was very much loved. *hugs*

thelittleteacup
06-15-2011, 06:42 AM
sorry to hear this RIP Yoshi xx

Hamtastic
06-15-2011, 07:35 AM
Rest in pease, Yoshi. I did not know you, but you looked like an adorable and friendly ham. I hope you will have a great time at the bridge.

Saffy
06-15-2011, 07:44 AM
Thanks guys :) I'm sure he is a lot happier now. X

AliKati
06-15-2011, 09:58 AM
He was such a cutie. I'm sorry for your loss, and for the hard decision you had to make.

fluffymunchkins
06-15-2011, 10:58 AM
Another beautiful sable man taken to the bridge too early :(
I'm so sorry that you lost Yoshi, Porridge will look after him up there I'm sure xxx

Pompompoms
06-15-2011, 04:43 PM
Oh what an absolute cutie he was, I'm so sorry to hear he was taken so young. He'll be running free with all our friends now xx

Humphrey Furball
06-16-2011, 01:58 AM
so sorry to hear your sad news, Yoshi was a beautiful little hammie; you were a strong friend for him when it counted, and i'm sure he knew how much he was loved

Saffy
06-18-2011, 01:43 AM
The day Yoshi got put down, I wanted to see him one last time before I buried him and his other eye had clouded over and his nose was bloody. I just wanted to know whether anyone knew why this would happen? Or maybe it is normal?
Oh and this was a couple of hours after he was put to sleep.

Fidgetthefirst
06-18-2011, 02:23 AM
Oh :( He was beautiful! RIP little man!xxx

souffle
06-21-2011, 02:55 AM
The day Yoshi got put down, I wanted to see him one last time before I buried him and his other eye had clouded over and his nose was bloody. I just wanted to know whether anyone knew why this would happen? Or maybe it is normal?
Oh and this was a couple of hours after he was put to sleep.

So sorry to hear of your loss. It is normal for these changes to occur Saffy so don't worry. As his spirit leaves, his body relaxes and some fluid may leak out from the chest. He doesn't need his body now and it will rejoin the great circle of life and become part of the atoms and you will see him again in the flowers and feel him in the air you breathe.

Play well at the bridge Yoshi x

Saffy
06-21-2011, 01:43 PM
So sorry to hear of your loss. It is normal for these changes to occur Saffy so don't worry. As his spirit leaves, his body relaxes and some fluid may leak out from the chest. He doesn't need his body now and it will rejoin the great circle of life and become part of the atoms and you will see him again in the flowers and feel him in the air you breathe.

Play well at the bridge Yoshi x

Ok, good to know. Thank you. :)