PDA

View Full Version : Hi there!

Peanut
06-24-2007, 09:18 PM
Hello everybody! My name is Samantha. My 1st hamster, Peanut, passed away only a few days ago! We don't know exactly what kind of hamster she was, because we adopted her, and her past owners left Petco with no information about her. She wad a dwarf hamster, though. We know that for sure! Next, I'm thinking about owning two hamsters. I think they should be a different type of hamster than a dwarf, so I know what they're like as well! I haven't thought of names yet... any suggestion? :D Anyway, I'm really excited to be on HC, and I can't wait to meet some new friends!

suga
06-25-2007, 12:54 AM
Welcome to HC :-).
I hope you are able to get your hamsters soon. Don't forget though if you get syrians they can't live together and will need separate cages etc.

Holly
06-25-2007, 02:09 AM
Hi and welcome from me as well :)

Don't forget that, as Suga says, it's only some dwarf hamsters that can live together. Even then it doesn't always work out and it's wise to have some sort of other cage you can use in an emergency if they need to be separated.

There are 4 types of dwarf hamster: Campbells, Winter White, Chinese and Roborovski. If you aren't sure what they all look like have a look around the forum, there are lots of pictures :)

SnuggleHam
06-25-2007, 04:59 AM
Greetings there Samantha! welcome to the community we are certainly glad to have you with us! Sorry to hear about Peanut.To add to what the others have said, of the dwarf hamster species, its not good to mix them, so if you want two, get two of the same species and of the same gender. :)

souffle
06-25-2007, 10:07 AM
Welcome to the forum. You will find plenty info to help you in your choice here and ask any questions. :lol:

Peanut
06-25-2007, 09:57 PM
heh heh. whoopsie. my mistake! seperate hamsters.... I'll remember that! :oops:

I forgot to mention! we think Peanut was a Campbell's Russian hamster. At first we couldn't tell if she was a Winter White or a Campbell's, so we had to wait until winter to really find out her breed. :roll:

pophammy
06-29-2007, 09:44 AM
Hi and welcome to the forum! Good to have you with us!

Peanut
06-29-2007, 10:01 AM
Hi and welcome to the forum! Good to have you with us!Thanks! Glad to be here!

hammiesarelovex3
06-29-2007, 04:04 PM
Welcome! :)

As some others said, 2 syrians cannot live together because they fight till death. 2 dwarfs of the same gender works though. :)

I prefer syrians, but if you want more than one, separate cages is what you need to do.

Good luck! :)