PDA

View Full Version : CAMBRIDGE HAMSTER CAGE for a Syrian?

jennifer01
06-22-2007, 02:58 PM
I have been looking at local shops for a hamster cage to buy in a few weeks and a common cage seems to be the Cambridge Hamster Cage....

Now what dose everyone think of this cage for a syrian?

Thanks for the advise

Jenny x

Holly
06-22-2007, 03:36 PM
Well The Cambridge is pretty big and well recommended. I know that Basia on this forum has one and that she's very pleased with it. I really like the design and think that a hamster could be very happy in one.

My own concern with a wire cage is bar chewing - I assume your hamster doesn't do that if you are considering a wire cage?

Basia
06-23-2007, 01:08 AM
I have two and I do like them a lot. The hamsters seem to enjoy running up and down the ladders, there is plenty of room to put a wodent wheel either in the bottom or on the first shelf. There is lots of room for a variety of toys, I have the hammock bit of the plastic sputnic hanging on the roof, willow bridge and willow ladders up to the top floor, hamster potty, chube and have had tubes attached to the sides as well. There is also plenty of room for a log cabin or large box if the hammy likes a house (Chunky does or he puts all his bed and stash in the wodent wheel).
The drawback, as Holly has said, would be if you had a bad bar chewer because the Cambridge is a wire cage.

jennifer01
06-23-2007, 03:46 AM
well i havent got my hammy yet....getting her/him in a few weeks *fingers crossed* so i have no idea if he / she is a bar chewer....lol

I will have a look around and look still...but it sounds like a great cage :)

thanks

Jenny

babyboos
06-26-2007, 06:12 PM
the Cambridge is suitable for Syrians and I have a couple myself