PDA

View Full Version : Ed - the gentlest of hamsters x

souffle
06-12-2011, 12:17 PM
Our beautiful LH Cinnamon Satin Ed (Edward) has left us for the bridge. He was nearly two and a half and had been slowing down over the last few weeks but still looked bright and happy but today he was lying peaceful and comfy in his own nest having gone on his last journey.
Ed was one of our Napoliana litter and had the most beautiful of temperaments. He was a real people hamster and a very unassuming, content and happy little fellow who loved nothing more than a cuddle and a groom. Everyone liked to hold him as he just loved to sit there and be stroked. We never really showed him as he was quite small but he did have the most lovely shimmering coat and such a sweet face that he melted your heart.
He always kept that coat even when his larger brother Bru had lost his skirt.
We knew his time was coming as hamsters can't live on love and we are glad he slept peacefully away but oh how we miss the sweetness of his welcoming face sitting on his shelf waiting to come out for his cuddles. How it hurts never to feel his softness again.
Play well at the bridge and say hi to all your Custard relatives up there. We know they are waiting to welcome you.
We miss you lovely Mr Ed
love you - Souffle, Pophammy, BigD and all the Custards xxx :( :( :(
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y113/Pophammy/ent3.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y113/Pophammy/ahul4.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y113/Pophammy/betih3.jpg

Gizmodo ^_^
06-12-2011, 12:18 PM
Sleep well and play well at the bridge beautiful guy <3

fluffymunchkins
06-12-2011, 12:20 PM
So sorry for your loss :( He couldn't have had a better life I'm sure.
Sleep tight little guy, you will never be forgotten xxx

SnickersTheFirst
06-12-2011, 12:29 PM
So sorry to hear this, play well at the bridge Ed. xx

Such a beautiful man and I'm sure he had an amazing long life.

Humphrey Furball
06-12-2011, 12:39 PM
So sorry you had to say goodbye to Ed, he sounds like the loveliest boy, everything you would want a pet hammie to be, and beautiful too; thinking of you all, play well at the bridge Ed, seek out our other furry pals there x

AliKati
06-12-2011, 01:08 PM
Aww, he sounds so lovely. I'm sorry for your loss, but know he had the best possible life with you.

debs
06-12-2011, 01:12 PM
sorry for your lose play well Little Ed <3

suga
06-12-2011, 01:15 PM
Gorgeous Ed you will be missed. Sleep well little one. X

fsrv
06-12-2011, 01:16 PM
I am sorry for your loss. RIP Ed, you were a beautiful hamster. Did he have lots of children?

Gillzy
06-12-2011, 01:26 PM
Oh poor Ed. :( Play well at the bridge little man, you were beautiful and loved. Look after our friends at the bridge xxx

rockster
06-12-2011, 02:00 PM
RiP little Ed x <3 you will never be forgotten, play well at the bridge x

souffle
06-12-2011, 02:19 PM
Did he have lots of children?

We never bred Ed because he didn't have the size really but he did have lots of nieces and nephews and I think was up to a great, great uncle to his brother Bru's children.

CoolcatNatNat44
06-12-2011, 02:24 PM
Play well at the bridge Ed :( xxx Hope your ok Souffle

Pompompoms
06-12-2011, 04:27 PM
Ed was such a beautiful hamster, and I love your tribute to him, I can really imagine his temperament from your description. Play well at the bridge Ed, there are so many gorgeous new friends to welcome you there, and some lovely old ones too xx

Debbie
06-13-2011, 02:28 AM
I'm so very sorry to hear of Ed's passing but it sounds as though he had a long and happy life and to go to sleep peacefully in their bed is the best we can ask for for our furry friends. He really was a handsome little chap and as they say, size doesn't matter, but it sounds as though whatever he lacked in size he made up for in personality.
Play well at the Bridge little one and know you were truly loved xx

Sammybingo
06-13-2011, 05:19 AM
Always thought Ed was beautiful, and was envious of his fluffy, shiny coat, his amazing skirt! You painted a wonderful picture of life with Ed in that post Souffle, he sounds the kindest and sweetest of all hamsters. Pleased he went peacefully, as Debbie said, it's the best we can wish for for them. I am so sorry for all of your families loss here, it's such a shame. I know he will have had a lovely happy life with you all. xxx

Hope
06-13-2011, 10:31 AM
So sorry to hear of you loss at Custard towers :(

Play well at the bridge handsome man x x

Amethyst_ice
06-13-2011, 10:36 AM
i loved his unusual skirt, was like a victorian ruffle! he was deff one of my faves of the custard hams, sleep well lil guy xxxx

RachK
06-13-2011, 10:43 AM
So sorry to hear of Ed's passing. Gosh this is a sad day on the Forum. :(
He was such a beautiful lad but had a fab long life with you
Sleep well little one xxxx

leedsgurl
06-13-2011, 11:52 AM
Play well at the bridge Ed - you lived a long life surrounded by love x

Malorey
06-13-2011, 11:54 AM
So sorry for your loss, Souffle. xx May Ed rest well at the bridge ...

helenp
06-13-2011, 12:24 PM
I'm so sorry Souffle. Sweet dreams Ed.

Hamtastic
06-13-2011, 12:45 PM
Rest in peace, Ed, the gorgeous friendly hammy. You have been a joy to your mommy, and now you shall run around the lands beyond the Bridge and feel a nice breeze across your long fur, forever happy <3

shazzy
06-14-2011, 12:46 AM
Rest in peace Ed, you'll be dazzling all the girl hammies up at rainbow bridge with those lovely blonde locks.
So sorry Souffle xx

Chrissie
06-18-2011, 02:31 PM
I'm sorry for your loss x