PDA

View Full Version : made a new bin cage, need advice pleasee

roro
06-05-2011, 04:33 PM
hiii,

i made a new cage for kevin :D well dad did, im sooo happy with it, ive attached photos. its the 80l bin from wilkinsons.

but i just wanted to know, do i need to add like a fence type thing on the purple platforms?? cos the highest one is like 20cm high, i dont want him falling off, or isit normal :S

im not gna move him in it yet just incase.

i got purple plasti kote to match his new silent spinner which is in the post (and purple is my fav colour hahaha). im sooo excited to put him in it i hope he likes it.

its got a meshed lid by the way.

also shall i drill some more holes for air around the box? or will a fully meshed lid be ok?

thank youu, i would love more advice on how to improve it or correct anything thats wrong.

sorry for the blurry images and i couldnt rotate either lol

Hamtastic
06-05-2011, 04:39 PM
A fully meshed top should be okay. Extra holes that your ham can reach can be subject to chewing.

Nice shelves! If you're worried, you can glue some short lolly pop sticks around the edges with non-toxic wood glue--like a fence.

roro
06-05-2011, 04:41 PM
yee i was thinking that but i ran out! so i have to order some.

do u think he can go in it tonight? or shall i wait to fence it.

thank you :D

Hamtastic
06-05-2011, 04:44 PM
It's probably fine for now. Here's a fence type I was thinking of that Juliedn made:
http://www.hamstercentral.com/community/housing/15464-aidens-new-cage-setup-2.html#post192007

roro
06-05-2011, 04:49 PM
thankyou, thats perfect!! im gna order some now. im gna let him go in there first and see how he reacts, then ill decided if i should move him in tonight or not. thank you so much for your help.

LawaRawr
06-21-2011, 01:15 PM
nice cage :) what did you use to make the shelves?

Gillzy
06-21-2011, 02:40 PM
Those are a great colour :) lovely cage. I'm sure Kevin will love it. :)

gellerbing
06-21-2011, 02:41 PM
looks great, i love the little wooden step from one ledge to the other

roro
06-21-2011, 02:53 PM
nice cage :) what did you use to make the shelves?

I brought corner shelves from wilkinsons such a bargain for £6 and i used the two smaller sized ones, they also seell them seperate for bouts £3 each. heres the linkCorner Shelf Multi Pack x 3 | Corner Shelves | | Shelving from Wilkinson Plus (http://www.wilkinsonplus.com/wooden-shelves/corner-shelf-multi-pack-x-3/invt/0258040/?htxt=Io5WXVZ%2BzjCM%2B8agOs6WJCPKOLE335gelvaGUPFm B%2F5HfYF86ZKeau3NP1qLGog9R4%2BC%2BN0ovqDb%0AFab2z gBUvg%3D%3D)

and thanx guys :D he does love it hes been in it for about 2 weeks now.
here pics of it finished. ive changed everything around maybe 4 times since these pics lool and got him a silent spinner.

Gillzy
06-21-2011, 03:55 PM
It's such an effeminate cage for wee Kev, but I'm sure that he loves it all the same - it's great hamsters are near enough blind ;)

roro
06-21-2011, 04:44 PM
It's such an effeminate cage for wee Kev, but I'm sure that he loves it all the same - it's great hamsters are near enough blind ;)

LOOOOL that really made me laugh!! i couldnt help my self purple is my all time favourite colour!! lucky i dont have any other hamster that see his cage and laugh at him hehe

Hamtastic
06-21-2011, 06:51 PM
I'm slowly planning out my future ham's cage, and plan to get a white/lavender wodent wheel, a pink critter bath, etc.

And I'm not sure if said hamster will be a boy or a girl... :mad:

LawaRawr
06-22-2011, 12:32 AM
I brought corner shelves from wilkinsons such a bargain for £6 and i used the two smaller sized ones, they also seell them seperate for bouts £3 each. heres the linkCorner Shelf Multi Pack x 3 | Corner Shelves | | Shelving from Wilkinson Plus (http://www.wilkinsonplus.com/wooden-shelves/corner-shelf-multi-pack-x-3/invt/0258040/?htxt=Io5WXVZ%2BzjCM%2B8agOs6WJCPKOLE335gelvaGUPFm B%2F5HfYF86ZKeau3NP1qLGog9R4%2BC%2BN0ovqDb%0AFab2z gBUvg%3D%3D)

Thank you for the link roro :mrgreen:

roro
06-22-2011, 02:47 AM
I'm slowly planning out my future ham's cage, and plan to get a white/lavender wodent wheel, a pink critter bath, etc.

And I'm not sure if said hamster will be a boy or a girl... :mad:

looool i reallllyy wanted the lavender wodent wheel but couldnt find it online anywhere its like impossible to find!! so i got him a purple silent spinner instead lool very manly!!;)

Thank you for the link roro :mrgreen:

no problem :)