PDA

View Full Version : acrylic (perspex) sheet?

Katarina
06-05-2011, 04:19 AM
Hi!
I'm in the middle of converting a cupboard into a hamster cage but I am set on a perspex barrier for the shavings. I need 91.5 x 9 cm long strip but I don't even know where to start. I found few places on line where they cut it to size but the postage is huge! for two of these strips I'd have to pay £18 (£14 is the postage alone!!!), which seems a bit too much (but will pay it if I have no other option).

Do you know of anyplace that I could buy this locally so I can avoid to pay the postage? I know I sound like a tight*** but I think its a bit too much. I know that homebase does the sheets but they don't cut it. I live in North London

I really want the barrier to be see-through (I have plans to make it removable for easy cleaning of the cage) although I considered the lolly stick barrier too.

Please help!

Katarina
06-05-2011, 09:05 AM
does no one know of any place that sells them? :(

souffle
06-05-2011, 09:19 AM
You can get sheets in B&Q but they are about £12 and then they don't cut them however they are not that hard to 'snap' We made bar guards from this stuff and you score it with a stanley knife then place over an edge (we used kitchen worktop) press on the edge over hanging and it snaps.

Katarina
06-05-2011, 01:52 PM
Thanks, souffle! :):):) I was thinking of doing this but was't sure it would work. I'll split the guard into half, too, to make it easier to snap off.

thelittleteacup
06-05-2011, 03:42 PM
they usually sell made to order piceces in picture framing shops :) cos its cheaper than putting glass in! x