PDA

View Full Version : confused, need help with wood please

roro
06-04-2011, 06:26 AM
hello,

i decided to upgrade kevins bin to a bigger one, cos the one i have now is a under bed one and i feel like he will be happier with more levels.

so ive looked at almost all the diy section on bin cages but im still confused.

i wna make him a second level.

what type of wood shall i use??

and do u think its better to make a second level with legs so i can easily move it when i need to clean the cage and what typa wood would be used for the legs?
or shall i buy a corner shelf? and attach it to the sides.

im so confused, my dad is good at making the stuff but i just need to know what to buy first.

thank youu!!

8piggie3hammies
06-04-2011, 07:31 AM
i am using balsa wood to make shelve's and house's in my wooden cage i got 10 sheet's of 4inche's by one metre for £15 plus £4 delivery off ebay but i think you can buy smaller pack's and off cut's from a fiver, you have to plasti cote it tho so it's waterproof

roro
06-04-2011, 07:52 AM
i jsut checked out the wood, i like it!! just gta decide what size i want. thank you!!

u know the plasti kote, is the spray better or the actually paint?

8piggie3hammies
06-04-2011, 11:57 AM
I'm not sure but i got the spray paint i think that several thin coat's would be better than one thick and i'm terrible at painting. I only got clear but they have load's of colour's and smaller tin's if you only need a little bit (don't know if they are spray or brush)