PDA

View Full Version : BAD ESCAPE

Theador_and_Me
06-14-2007, 04:53 AM
Hi,
Last Night Theador had a really bad escape he some how got out and my dog(Spanky) Tried to kill him luckily my parents herd the noise and he was safe. Hes in his cage resting now, but he has no movement hes just staying in one place sitting there i think hes just really shocked but.............do you have any ideas what i should do? I'm just really worried. :cry: :cry:

souffle
06-14-2007, 06:41 AM
You should take him to a vet immediatly. He could be suffering from severe internal injuries and shock and may be in pain. Get him help right now. I hope he recovers or is released from his suffering if there is any major damage :cry:

racinghamster
06-14-2007, 06:46 AM
He sounds in a bad way to be honest if he`s just sitting in one place. He could be shocked or he could be injured internally. Did you see if the dog managed to grab him or just bat him with a paw?

Is he looking ill at all with eyes half shut, cold to the touch? Will he take any seeds or food from your hand? Make sure you place a water dish low down for him incase he has`nt the energy to reach a water bottle. That way he can lick up water from the dish.

Keep him quiet and monitor him closely. I would take him along to the vet if you feel he is`nt responding. Just watch him and see if he starts to pick up again. Good luck and I`m sorry to hear this. Hammies are good at escaping. x

Theador_and_Me
06-14-2007, 01:52 PM
Hes doing a little bit better now and the dog is a dachshund(hot dog) hes a small dog so..............but the only thing the dog did was chase him he didnt manage to bite or claw or anything.

Basia
06-14-2007, 02:46 PM
If your dog definitely didn't bite or maul him, I would keep him in a quiet room, leave him in peace and give him time to recover. Although he may not be physically hurt, shock can be dangerous to any animal (or person).
Good luck, I hope he makes a full recovery for you.

souffle
06-15-2007, 12:19 AM
I was under the impression that the dog had bitten/shaken/clawed him Theodor. What the others have advised is good though if no-one saw what happened initially you cannot be sure he was not picked up. If he was screetching it is likely he was as hamsters will not normally screetch if only chased. Shock can be very severe so if he does not rally soon I would still have him checked over by a vet. Hamsters are very good at hiding pain. Hope he makes a good recovery.

Theador_and_Me
06-16-2007, 11:20 AM
hes not doing to well :cry: the vets arnt open on the weekend so im taking him in on Monday hes huddling in the corner i feel so bad, its my fault i left the cage open an now all because of that he might be very very ill. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Christine Yule
06-16-2007, 03:19 PM
hes not doing to well :cry: the vets arnt open on the weekend so im taking him in on Monday hes huddling in the corner i feel so bad, its my fault i left the cage open an now all because of that he might be very very ill. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Oh, sweetie! Please don't be so hard on yourself! If you left his cage open, I am sure you didn't do it on purpose. Everybody, and I mean everybody, makes mistakes.

Maybe your parents can call around and find a Vet that is open. In my area there is one that is open on Sunday. Maybe there is one that gives an emergency number. I would say that your hamster is an emergency.

Don't give up hope!

Hamstermama

souffle
06-17-2007, 12:33 AM
Try and cover him up with a big box with air holes in it. Keep him very, very quiet and nice and warm. Offer a little baby food and maybe some porridge and plain cooked pasta and a bit of cucumber. Try not to bother him too much and his body may recover. Give him ripped up tissue to nest in. I hope he feels better soon :?

Theador_and_Me
06-17-2007, 06:29 AM
Thanks guys but Theador has passed on :cry: i am no longer going to be Theador and me i will now have a new user name :oops: :cry: :oops: :cry:

souffle
06-17-2007, 06:40 AM
May he rest in Peace poor little lamb. :cry:
There is no need to change name as it is a fitting tribute to his memory if you wish to keep it.

Christine Yule
06-17-2007, 10:03 AM
I am so sorry that Theodore has died. My hamster Boo Boo died yesterday too. He passed away quietly in his sleep curled up in bed beside me. :cry:

Sometimes hamsters have good long lives and sometimes they have good short lives. Theodore had a short good life and I am SURE that you loved him very, very much and I bet he knew it!

Rest in peace little Theodore. :cry: