PDA

View Full Version : Memorial Day had a sad beginning

mary ellen
06-01-2011, 11:49 AM
Yesterday, when I woke up, I saw that my sweet little syrian hamster, Furby, had died in her cage. She was a few months shy of 2 years which put her in her early senior years. She looked like she had gone peacefully, but my tears came anyway.

She was such a part of my life, going to school with me much of the time and educating the children with a hands on experience. Furby enjoyed being held in the classroom by the children, putting Cheerios in her pouches as the kids counted them and exploring the room in her ball .

She proved to be a devoted mother to her babies and trusted me holding them. I remember one evening, late at night, I discovered that I'd left Furby's cage door open and she was gone. I had no idea where to start looking so I started calling her name. I couldn't believe it when she came running out from inside the closet toward me, so I could pick her up.

I knew this day would come and I will miss her, but the joy she added to my life makes it all worth it. She is buried in a special spot in our backyard which is comforting to me.

Thanks for letting me share this with you, at this time.

suga
06-01-2011, 01:31 PM
Sleep softly wee one :(

souffle
06-01-2011, 02:10 PM
I am so sorry mary ellen.
She sounds like a very special little lady and will have touched many hearts.
Play well at the bridge Furby xx

Chrissie
06-01-2011, 02:28 PM
I'm so sorry, sounds like she was very very special x

Hamtastic
06-01-2011, 02:33 PM
I'm sorry about your special girl. She sounds wonderful, and your loss is not easy to accept. But let's hope that Furby is happy, playing somewhere now and eating Cheerios.

fluffymunchkins
06-01-2011, 03:05 PM
I'm sorry you've lost such a special girl :(
Watch over your mummy from heaven Furby and say hello to all our lost ones xx

Gillzy
06-01-2011, 03:30 PM
RIP little one. :(

veedub7
06-01-2011, 03:30 PM
Sorry to hear of your loss :( I lost a hammy this week too, so I trust that they are playing together at the bridge.

Rest in Peace, Furby xxx

Pompompoms
06-01-2011, 05:07 PM
She sounds like a lovely lady who enjoyed a lovely life with you :). Play well at the Bridge Furby with all our dearly missed friends xx