PDA

View Full Version : First brush!

Coco1
04-08-2005, 06:47 AM
Oooooooooo did Nibbles like his first brushing the other night! Using a toothbrush I let him sniff it first, wasn't that bothered, then started to gently brush his coat. He flinched a teeny tiny bit at first then just sat motionless, ears forward, and flattened his body a little while I groomed all over his back and his skirt and the back of his head behind and in between his ears! He sat there for a good minute or so and his coat was all soft afterwards and carefresh free! He only gets a little bit of the bedding on his longest skirt at the back (He doesn't have a real long coat, more just fluffy all over). But boy, was he nice and soft! I had to do the face rub afterwards LOL. I usualy give him a quick skirt brush when he first comes out for the evening now, esp if he has bedding in it, and a quick back scratch!

Another first for him was last night when he finally just took a rest in the crook of my elbow. I was wondering when he would first do this as he's always in such a hurry to explore and never normally sits still for 5 seconds! (My old Whiskey used to love sleeping on me a lot.) But finally he rested and we both just sat there for 5 minutes and bonded! lol.

I just love my Nibbles......... :D

SnuggleHam
04-08-2005, 07:05 AM
He he.. aww I’m glad that Nibbles liked the special attention, after all Nibbles is like a super model in the world of hams, look at the beautiful color and precious face, Nibbles need his beauty brushing to keep looking cute and handsome.

Coco1
04-08-2005, 09:24 AM
Shhhhh, he'll hear you! :D He'll be wanting a shampoo and rinse next! LOL (NOT!)

babyboos
04-08-2005, 05:31 PM
Oh Coco that is great news - Nbbles sounds like he really enjoyed himself. Bonding is so special :oops:

Coco1
04-08-2005, 09:37 PM
Oh it was special. Just makes my heart melt :mrgreen:

carefresh
04-09-2005, 05:25 AM
Bet he really enjoyed it ! When I used to brush Snowy (he was a Long-haired Syrian hamster as well) he used have such a funny look on his eyes. :D

Coco1
04-11-2005, 08:04 AM
lol carefresh, kinda glazed over, bliss look? :lol:

carefresh
04-11-2005, 12:05 PM
Yup, thats the one !

babyboos
04-11-2005, 03:49 PM
Do you think your meanie :oops: husband would take a picture - it would be great for the competition :wink:

Unless you can put it on timer of course - I can't imagine it would be possible with one hand but maybe???

Coco1
04-12-2005, 08:08 AM
I'll have to see what I can do! I brushed him last night but he wasn't in the "bliss" mood I guess, just wanted to run around - "I'm out, I'm out, wooo hooooooooo"!