PDA

View Full Version : Would this cage be ok for a Syrian?

jennifer01
06-06-2007, 12:54 PM
Fop Buddy Deluxe Zincata
Width: 66cm (25.9in)
Depth: 45cm (17.7in)
Height: 69cm (27.1in)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v287/Eminem2004/zzzzzzz.jpg

I have this cage at home and i have kept a mouse i was fostering in it before...but would this be ok for a hammy?

The bar spacing is fine ...as i say i kept a mouse in it...its about 1cm.

Coz if it is then it saves the cost of a new cage also and can buy even more toys for my soon to be hammy :D

Anyway please let me know what you think?

Jenny

souffle
06-07-2007, 12:24 AM
In terms of size it would seem to be big enough. We personally prefer a larger flatter cage with more floorspace rather than levels. Toys can be hard to accomodate on levels, and can fall off, which means you really only have useful tray space which will be cramped. Hams tend to climb up and as their eyesight is poor often fall from the levels which can result in injury. There are also a lot of bars which, if you get a bar chewer, can be a nightmare to stop. We house all our hams in the Gabber rex tank type cages though many people like the home made bin style too.

SnuggleHam
06-07-2007, 03:55 AM
I would have to agree with Souffle, I think more floor space horizontal than vertical is better, and not to seem a pessimist, but bar cages almost alway seem to lead to bar chewing. You could always look into home made bin cages as well :)

babyboos
06-07-2007, 03:00 PM
would be fine size-wise for a Syrian, though I like a deepr base - make sure they don't dive-bomb off the levels and monkey bar on the roof as the fall could be dangerous.

jennifer01
06-07-2007, 03:12 PM
ok i will have a look out for somthing wider/deeper ....thanks for the advise....Ebay or a pet shop is bound to have somthing ....when i get payed next month...lol

Thanks for the advise...:D :P :D

Jenny