PDA

View Full Version : Search bar rant!

fluffymunchkins
05-28-2011, 05:58 AM
As much as I love HC, I get incredibly fustrated with the search tool ;)
For example when I search for the bargain cage thread...I get the bargain toy thread.
And I've trying to find the thread for hamster and human cuddle pics, but I just can't find it :rolleyes:
Can anyone help?

Now I know we can't sticky every thread just for my ease of use :mad: But I'd like to ask if people can be more selective when naming informational or threads for multiple uses so its easier to find.

suga
05-28-2011, 07:11 AM
I just tried searching for bargin cage and the thread was the first one displayed. There were other threads to though. Have you tried subscribing to your favourites?

Fidgetthefirst
05-28-2011, 09:32 AM
Ive had lots of problems with the search bar, if i type in a thread i know the exact name too, say if the title of it is 5 words, i write the first 3 words, it won't come up, its like wth!?

wofunny
05-28-2011, 09:36 AM
I think that it helps the search engine if you put tags on the threads you like.

So if you put the title of the thread in the tags, the search will find it easier :)

If that makes any sense :lol: x

fluffymunchkins
05-28-2011, 10:27 AM
Thankyou, I hadn't thought about subscribing to threads or tagging. That should help a lot :)

Fidgetthefirst
05-29-2011, 04:13 PM
Oh no me either..
I think i will do in the future :D