PDA

View Full Version : Hoyland Show 9th June

Holly
06-06-2007, 07:12 AM
Is anyone going to the Hoyland Show this Saturday?

I know that Souffle and Pophammy aren't and I don't think Jill will be either so we are possibly going to feel a little lost! I've just got my entries organised and will phone them through tonight. I've decided to enter Mocha into the show proper again as he did so well last time (see if he can do it again with a different judge!!) and also Sparrow and Turner in the Winter-White class. Treacle, Custard and Joshua's hamster Syrup will all do pets again.

I'm desperate for dwarf show pen as, according to the show schedule, this will be the last show we can hire one.

Saturday is the day for our new arrival as well so we are really excited - it would be lovely to see anyone from here :)

Jane
06-06-2007, 09:08 AM
Unfortunately not :( Would love to come but we can't. Also we still have this stupid car (dads car died about 3 months ago and we're still waiting for his work to take it - in the mean time we're stuck with his bosses 50 grand car :roll:) it cost £10 just to get to penistone and back, which becomes a lot when you're travelling far.

Will you be at the July show? I don't even know where it is - will have to have a nosey, think we will be at the august one for def. though

edit: aha, the July show is at Brinsworth - according to multimap about 15 minutes away. We'll probably be at the one if anyone else is going :P

Holly
06-06-2007, 09:20 AM
Sorry you can't make it, Jane - we will definitely be at Brinsworth on 1st July and also at Emley on August the 4th (hoping to bring our new lady to both as long as she's settled and happy by then).

I'm also hoping to get to a couple of Midland shows - will anyone be going to any of those?

Jane
06-06-2007, 09:34 AM
Was just looking at where the midland shows are - the June and July ones are too far away. We will hopefully be at Brinsworth and Emley, will definately be at rotherham in september too.

Was just wondering (sorry for hijacking your thread by the way :P) how many hams can you enter into pets?

Holly
06-06-2007, 09:51 AM
Was just wondering (sorry for hijacking your thread by the way :P) how many hams can you enter into pets?

I've looked at the show schedule and there doesn't seem to be a limit - are you thinking of entering your 3 Campbell's and well as Charlie? 8)

You aren't hijacking it - it's all show related and it's nice to get some repiles :wink:

Jane
06-06-2007, 10:50 AM

I've looked at the show schedule and there doesn't seem to be a limit - are you thinking of entering your 3 Campbell's and well as Charlie? 8)

You aren't hijacking it - it's all show related and it's nice to get some repiles :wink:

Yep, was thinking of entering the 3 Ts and Charlie (they're Tic, Tac and Toe btw now ;)) but not sure. That would be 4 seperate carriers. :P

souffle
06-06-2007, 11:07 AM
Sadly we wont be there. We have a big show locally that day so we will be entering crafts not hams. :lol: Dont worry about hiring pens for longer Holly. They are available to all subject to any newbies getting them first and there are not any of them about just now.
Jane you can enter as many pets as you wish. I would keep Tic Tac and Toe in the same container though as you do not want them falling out after being separated all day. Keep them together as much as you can. They will be individually judged from the one tank :lol:

Holly
06-06-2007, 11:51 AM
Dont worry about hiring pens for longer Holly. They are available to all subject to any newbies getting them first and there are not any of them about just now.

Well I phoned in my entries earlier and Sue is bringing a hire pen for me. She's also finding out if there is one available for me to buy.

I would keep Tic Tac and Toe in the same container though as you do not want them falling out after being separated all day. Keep them together as much as you can. They will be individually judged from the one tank :lol:

I was just going to say the same thing but Souffle beat me to it! For dwarf hams to have the best chance of staying together they all need to stay together at all times. Even when they come out to play they should ALL be handled by the same people so that the "group scent" remains on all of them. Apparently excercise balls cause a lot of problems because, if you use separate ones for each hamster, then they all smell a bit different when they get back in the cage and fall-outs are common. To counteract this we switch ours halfway through playtime so they both go in both balls.

I know yours have been together for a long time, Jane, but I think it's still worth taking all the precautions you can to keep the group scent going.

Jane
06-06-2007, 12:04 PM
Thanks both of you :D So it would be okay to keep the 3 Ts in the same carrier and just take them out 1 by 1 to be judged? Seems good to me :P Holly, I will keep precautions to keep the scent and everything and so they hopefully don't fall out, was a little worried that I'd have to split them up if they went to a show. I do try handling them all at the same time, but that usually ends up as me waking atleast one up and they don't like that LOL, but I do try to.

Maybe I could take them to the July and/or August show...hmmm...

babyboos
06-07-2007, 02:56 PM
we hope to get to a show this year so maybe see you guys in August Jules willing and William behaving :wink: :P

lau200
06-08-2007, 08:54 AM
i would to go my first show but it won't be that one :( it's my sisters 19th birthday!