PDA

View Full Version : Wheels as Beds?

Beowolf72
06-04-2007, 03:45 AM
We've noticed that both our robo pairs, Brain and Bree/ Pinky and Piper, seem to love to drag their Cotton fluff into their wheels and sleep in them.

What tops it is that they don't remove the fluff, but leave it in their and start running, with the fluff smacking them in the head.

Is this normal for Robos or any other Hamster?

suga
06-04-2007, 05:00 AM
Totally normal yes :-) all breeds do this...

souffle
06-04-2007, 08:34 AM
Yes it is common for them do do this :roll: Crazy hams :lol:
Do you use the bedding that looks like cotton wool? I would advise you not to use this regardless of how safe they say it is on the pack. If eaten it is not digestable and can block the bowel causing death. It has also been known to tangle round little legs and cut off the blood supply. Dont use it with a litter of newborns for sure. The best bedding is shredded, cheap white toilet roll :lol:

lau200
06-05-2007, 03:28 AM
my carzy robo Urkel is forever moving all his carefresh to his wheel for a nap :) it's totally normal. my hamsters also use the wheel as a toilet :(

Holly
06-05-2007, 12:08 PM
Funnily enough our winter white brothers did this for the first time yesterday! They had loaded a ton of carefresh and paper bedding into one of their wodent wheels and were both curled up in it! Weird when they have TWO proper beds to sleep in :?

Widowmaker
06-08-2007, 12:11 PM
My Campbells spent most of last month camping out under their wheel. :roll:

Every time I cleaned them out I dumped the new bedding in the middle of the cage and each time they dragged it under the wheel and stuffed themselves under it to sleep!! The wheel couldn't go round with all the bedding under it. Mad pair.

Now, they seem to have realised that the wheel is really good fun again and now sleep under the water bottle :?

Hamsters are insane.