PDA

View Full Version : low fat yogurt

lola's mommy
05-21-2007, 04:10 PM
hello everyone! I have a :?:; recently I was at the supermarket and I wanted to get Lola some lowfat plain yogurt. I found one but it said on the container "sweetened" and when I looked at the nutrition label, it said that yogurt had 20g of sugar :shock: I didn't buy it because I found that was a lot of sugar (that's why I've also withdrawn the yogurt drops). I tried looking for another brand with less sugar on it, but to no avail. I know there are some yogurts that come prepared with Splenda; would that be ok or should I just try to find a lower sugar yogurt? or, does anyone know of a good brand that I can give to her?

souffle
05-22-2007, 12:27 AM
I would not go with any of the sweetened ar artificially sweetened ones for a ham. Try under, live yogurt or greek yogurt and maybe look for an organic brand of natural. You could even make some yourself then you know it is pure. Google how to do it :lol:

Christine Yule
05-22-2007, 01:02 PM
I buy "Astro" brand yogurt. It is called a "Balkan Style" and I find it with the usual kinds of yogurt. It contains no sugar or additives. Maybe you could try a different grocery store or else the organic food section, like Souffle suggested.

Hamstermama