PDA

View Full Version : Silent Spinner broke!

Animalover
05-19-2007, 09:31 AM
I had a Silent Spinner for my hamster and last night I noticed it was leaning down and almost looked like it was going to fall over. So I checked it out and there was a big crack in the back! It must have broken under his weight..or something. Thing is I don't want to get another one if that's just going to happen again. Are the wheels below OK? I have them for my gerbils and they work fantastic. Does anyone else use these mesh ones? Are they safe? The hamster at the pet stores use them...but I want to be sure.

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t201/Gerbilover/Hamster_Wheels.jpg

Jane
05-19-2007, 12:19 PM
I wouldn't usea mesh wheel, they're safer than the ones with bars going across but still not very comfortable to run on. You could get a habitrail wheel, a comfort wheel or a wodent wheel maybe? Solid wheels are best - have a look around a pet shop for one of a suitable size. Remember if you have a syrian the wheel needs to be atleast 7.5 inch ;) Not sure what you have just thought I'd point it out :P

Holly
05-19-2007, 12:56 PM
I wouldn't use one of those wheels either - I've read horror stories of injuries to feet and, seeing how fast our hams go on their wheels, I'd be worried all the time. A solid wheel would be much better IMO.

gizmo
05-20-2007, 04:35 PM
For a syrian look into an 8" wodent wheel or 8" comfort wheel

lau200
05-21-2007, 12:58 AM
i no longer use silent spinners because Ali, my syrian has broke atleast 3. he has a comfort spinner, it's great for him because it is more sturdy :) it's abit noiser though :(

Pouchy
05-22-2007, 11:19 AM
Have you tried contacting the manufacturer. if the Spinners are new i.e less than a month old they may help you out. See my thread about Savic Jumbo wheels near yours.