PDA

View Full Version : Avatars - how do I create one?

lola's mommy
05-07-2007, 04:51 PM
hi snuggleham, i wanted to ask because i have no idea how to post pics of lola and i would like to learn how to. i have my pics in a program called photoshop album 2.0. how can i put her pics on this forum so everyone can see her? another question, can i email u 1 pic of her from this same program and u can put it on the forum? or how is it done? thank u!

NaomiR
06-23-2008, 10:53 AM
I would love to have one of my own hammies as my avatar but try as I might I haven't figured it out yet either :?

SnuggleHam
06-23-2008, 11:57 AM
Hmm well, first you need a photo editing program that lets you resize images. The avatar maximum size for this forum is 80x80 pixels. You can use programs like windows paint, or photoshop to resize images. Once you have done that, you go to your user control panel and upload your avatar from your computer.

Its hard to give instructions on how to resize a photo since the only problem I have is photoshop. Not sure how the others work. However, if you send a picture you want to use as an avatar, send it to me [email protected] and I can resize and and upload it for you :) Id be happy to help. You can also send it via PM if its a link or something.

pophammy
06-23-2008, 12:53 PM
I've tried resizing pics to 80x80 pixels, but it always says it's too big when I try and put it into my avatar. :?

NaomiR
06-23-2008, 01:45 PM
wow I did it - you have to copy and paste the URL into the "off site URL" box :D

SnuggleHam
06-23-2008, 02:10 PM
I've tried resizing pics to 80x80 pixels, but it always says it's too big when I try and put it into my avatar. :?

Then its probably because the image because the pixel of file size it to big, meaning you need to safe the avatar at a lower quality level. I'm horrible at explaining this stuff. But if you send me the picture, ill get it uploaded for you :)