PDA

View Full Version : What type of food?

Danny
05-02-2011, 01:46 PM
Hi everyone, as some of you know, I am getting my two Campbells Russian hamsters soon and I need some info! Today, I am trying to make a list of what I need and I am trying to decide what type of food to get. So, if you have a recommended one that is sold at Petco/Petsmart, then that would be great!

mangoandmimi
05-02-2011, 02:02 PM
in the UK a lot of people use Harry Hamster food... i think where you are it might be called Hazel Hamster :)

Danny
05-02-2011, 02:22 PM
Oh good! That is what I use for my syrian too! So I can buy them the same food? (I understand that dwarfs often need other stuff added to their diet too, what is that again?)

KatiePillow
05-02-2011, 03:37 PM
Hazel hamster is good - it has no added sugar/cane mollasses which is key to avoid with dwarves, Dwarves are fine on hazel hamster alone but may benefit from having some smaller seeds such as millet also :)

RachK
05-07-2011, 01:41 AM
Hi Danny,
I have a Campbells & use Harry/Hazel Hamster too but I don't give Hamlet the dried corn that's in it. He also has Trill Budgie food. Don't know if you can get that in the states but its basically just small millet seeds.
I also give him a small piece of broccoli once a week. I avoid fruit because of the risk of diabetes.

Gizmodo ^_^
05-07-2011, 02:35 AM
Yep completely agree with everyone, Hazel/harry hamster is great :D