PDA

View Full Version : Savic Peggy Metro Review

CoolcatNatNat44
04-30-2011, 10:07 AM
I had this cage when Nibbles was a baby because it was the best option at the time. I honestly wouldnt recommend putting a syrian in this cage at all, but maybe at the most 1 dwarf but no roborovski hamsters as they could get threw the bars.

I got this cage from PAH on a £40 deal i got this cage, small bale of woodshavings, a bag of food and recycled paper bedding. Here is the link:
Peggy Metro Hamster Cage by Savic | Pets at Home (http://www.petsathome.com/shop/peggy-metro-hamster-cage-by-savic-15964)

This was the cage: http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee454/coolcatnatnat44/jjjj.jpg

This was the first day i got Nibbles but anyway.... The cage itself measures: 37 x 50 x 40cm, which is too small for my liking.

In the picture there are sheets on the floor because he started weeing in the tubes which leeked onto my carpet which stunk. The tubes i dont like because the corner one's are so sharp and on a right angle which hamsters can find hard to get into and the overall size inside the tubes arnt big enough and not good ventilation. I decided to take the tubes of and buy stoppers like in this picture which was better for me:
http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee454/coolcatnatnat44/6d9cd09f.jpg

Also there was the problem of getting Nibbles out of the tubes.
http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee454/coolcatnatnat44/mmmmm.jpg
He was storing all his food in there and poop etc which was very hard to clean.

The shelf was a pain to start up because it was wonky (savic fault).
You can get this cage in bright blue or red

The things it came with were: the base and bars
1 shelf
savic house
savic water bottle and food bowl
savic 6" wheel

also it has 1 door at the top of the cage

The bar spacing is 1cm so would not be suitable for robo's.

Overall i dont like this cage and was a huge mistake buying it -_-

Pro's
Looks good
Good security
Nibbles seemed to like it

Con's
Too small
Expensive for what it is
Hard to clean with tubes
wheel was squeeky

Gizmodo ^_^
04-30-2011, 11:04 AM
Great review :D, for people maybe thinking of getting this cage

Ministottie
04-30-2011, 01:28 PM
Great review, I agree with everything you said, I also bought this cage when I got Marley as a baby and it turned out to be too small, and a pain to clean. That and the wheel as you said is horribly squeaky.

CoolcatNatNat44
05-03-2011, 07:15 AM
yeh it was a mistake getting it, never again lol. I sent mine to the tip

shazzy
05-03-2011, 07:29 AM
I also bought this for Little Mo as she was a spur of the moment purchase - it soon became apparent that it was far too small for her. She also slept in the tubs and peed and weed in them too. Not a great cage for fully grown Syrians

Jandrhamster
12-05-2011, 01:38 PM
When Im finished with mine im gonna dump it unless I sell it on ebay or something (no promises) so dont ask me unless I make a thread on it or something like that!

Gamina
12-05-2011, 01:59 PM
Whilst I agree that this is a poor choice of cage for a healthy fully grown syrian it was the perfect cage for an old man with limited mobility who was prescribed a small single level cage.

StarlightSerenity
12-06-2011, 12:58 AM
I want a Peggy Metro to add to Luna's Hamster Heaven. I'd never buy it to use on it's own because of how tiny it is (and how much it costs for so little space!).

RachK
12-06-2011, 01:58 AM
Horace has always lived in this cage. He loves it. I once upgraded him to a Cambridge or a couple of days & he was stressed. Of course as you all know Horace is a dwarfie. :) Hate the way this is labelled as a Syrian cage in P@H.

CoolcatNatNat44
12-06-2011, 07:50 AM
So do i, makes me angry that people are probably keeping syrians in this cage due to pet shops giving the impression that this cage is fine for a syrian...

Jandrhamster
12-06-2011, 11:28 AM
So do i, makes me angry that people are probably keeping syrians in this cage due to pet shops giving the impression that this cage is fine for a syrian...
I agree, although I didnt buy the cage it was a present I thought that it was actually big but now I have realised it is way to small but alot of people have tried it and left bad reviews! which I would agree with them:)

Kristin
12-06-2011, 02:10 PM
I used to use this cage for Harley when I first got him but very quickly upgraded him to his cambridge and then to the ZZ2.
starlight I would be willing to sell you mine if your interested? I don't have it with me at the minute but when I can arrange to collect it I can forward it on to you. It wont be for a while though as I do live more than 6 hours away from my Grandparents xx

CoolcatNatNat44
12-06-2011, 02:21 PM
I used to use this cage for Harley when I first got him but very quickly upgraded him to his cambridge and then to the ZZ2.

hehe exact same order of Nibbles cages :rolleyes::mad:

Kristin
12-07-2011, 11:34 AM
hehe exact same order of Nibbles cages :rolleyes::mad:

:mad: Minds alike xx

sully
12-07-2011, 01:14 PM
I got the peggy metro before i got Pearl my Syrian,she was in it a couple months then i swapped her to the duna multy but as i told you before on another post she went nuts and is back in the Peggy, i would love her to go in the duna multy but she hated it and loves her peggy, i added extra tubes on top.Binks my chinese is in a rody.

sully
12-20-2011, 05:15 PM
Tonight i got Pearl the 'Mary' rat cage, and gave away the peggy, she loves it.

Peachesmum
01-05-2012, 08:17 AM
Tonight i got Pearl the 'Mary' rat cage, and gave away the peggy, she loves it.

Peaches ran around joyfully on her first night in the Mary! Seems to love it, although always nibbles the door when she wants to come out... :mad:

sully
01-05-2012, 02:40 PM
Peaches ran around joyfully on her first night in the Mary! Seems to love it, although always nibbles the door when she wants to come out... :mad:

Yes i think its a nice cage.