PDA

View Full Version : Hi

05-01-2007, 09:33 AM
Hi Im new to the hamster world, well had hmsters in the past but then we stopped as every one we had seemed to bite us and it kinda put us off.

How ever Im looking to get some Robo hamsters :D so thought id join for some good advice and to see if there are any around I could maybe adopt.

Look forward to meeting everyone :D

SnuggleHam
05-01-2007, 12:12 PM
Welcome to Hamster Central! always glad to have new users and always glad to help offer advice. I'm sorry you had a bad experience with your first hamster. What kind was it, and did you get it young? I don't believe there is any reason for a hamster to bite if it was handled properly, however if it was owned by someone else, its hard to know what happened to them in their past. Still I'm a firm believer that patients and time can bring any ham around :)

Robo hams are fun, but they arnt meant for cuddling like some of the other dwarfs and more so the Syrian hamster. Robos are a bit more exotic being newer to the pet market. They make adorable pets, but I find they prefer to be left alone, to be watched then handled.

Maybe you want something you can interact with more and tame up to be docile and gentle?

souffle
05-02-2007, 12:22 AM
Hi and welcome. I would agree with Snuggleham in that robos are the hardest to tame. They are very speedy and small so maybe if you want more social interaction another species would be better. I'm sure with patience and if you were to get your hamster from a breeder where it had been handled young it would tame very well.
Where are you hamsterville? If you are looking to adopt I know of a recue needing homes for 27 Campbells in the midlands I think. If you are interested PM me and I will give you a link :lol: We may also be able to point you at a breeder if you can PM me with your rough location, that is if you are in the UK!

pophammy
05-07-2007, 10:56 AM
Hi and welcome to the forum! Hope that you get your hamster(s) soon!

Minicooper
05-27-2007, 08:07 AM
Welcome To Hamster Central :D

suga
05-27-2007, 09:08 AM
Hello and welcome from me :-)

babyboos
06-08-2007, 03:16 PM
Welcome to Hamster Central
so sorry you have not had best of starts with hamsters so far but hopefully all that will be different now

Roborovski don't bite, and if you are very unlucky and did get bitten which is so rare and in all my years of Robo owning I have never been bitten, but have heard of a few more cases so you never know, their mouths are so small and their teeth so small, but admittedly sharp it really shouldn't hurt, they certainly wouldn't bite deliberately or maliciously - only if really scared or being held wrongly. Go to a good breeder for your hamsters, making sure not related to each other in anyway as I do think inbreeding has a lot to answer for in aggression terms, and avoid white faced as they are supposedly more ill tempered, and less robust health-wise.
You need two for company, same sex, PLEASE!
And bear in mind these are not pets which you will be holding for hours a day, Roborovski are great pets if you want to build lovely environments to be explored and provide hours of visual stimulii but if you want something to sit, play with, and clap get a Syrian, or some other species.

souffle
06-09-2007, 03:01 AM
, and clap get a Syrian, or some other species.

For those of you who are not Scottish... to clap an animal means to stroke it, smooth it or pet it :lol: :lol: :lol:

I say this and people always look at me weirdly :?

babyboos
06-13-2007, 03:44 PM
oops thanks :oops: