PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know where you can buy plastic floors?

Basia
04-25-2007, 12:42 AM
I got a nice roomy cage from a little pet shop I have discovered across town. It is 24" x 14" x 14" with a deep base and wire top. Like a large basic cage really, except it has extra floors and they are wire foors with a bridge across. I can adapt the floors by threading some cardboard or corregated plastic through the bars for now but I would like to replace them with just one larger plastic floor. I saw these on ebay a few months ago but can't see them anywhere now. Does anyone know where I might be able to buy one?

Pouchy
04-25-2007, 04:41 AM
Cover the wire floor with stiff cardboard then cover the result with sticky back plastic so its easy to clean. Failing that use melanine to make some platflorms which could be cut to size if you give the supplier the size you want.

souffle
04-25-2007, 09:15 AM
The plastic lino tiles you can buy make ideal floors. You can buy them cheaply in the £1 shops sometimes or just get one pack in B&Q! We have also used plywood cut to size as they do not tend to wee or mess on the platforms so it stays clean and if it is messed up it is cheap to replace with another bit,

Basia
04-25-2007, 10:31 AM
Thanks for the handy tips. :) Will see what I can come up with.