PDA

View Full Version : Slight Concern.

x_Emma
04-17-2007, 08:07 AM
Potato hasn't been himself just lately,
He's pulled the bedding out of his house and shoved it into the corner, he sometimes sleeps there or he will sleep in his house with no bedding, he hasn't been sleeping in the day very much and he seems to watch me in my room for ages before moving, also i couldn't help but notice he is very slow and tired at night and he'll also lay down on his upper level.
Should i take him to the vets?
Thanks.

suga
04-17-2007, 09:21 AM
I'd probably make an appointment if you could, just to be sure. They are so little and deteriorate quite quickly if poorly.

souffle
04-17-2007, 09:44 AM
I think they are feeling the heat during this hot spell and tend to throw out their bedding to keep cool or lie on a flat area too. Check your water bottle is reachable and working well. Do not have the cage near a radiator or in the sun either. Try and give Potato lots of quiet during the day. Maybe he is coming out because he hears you playing music or something so is not getting enough sleep. He is only a baby and they do tend to get up more during the day. Any change in behavior can indicate illness so if you are at all worried it is best to have him checked out.

x_Emma
04-17-2007, 11:47 AM
I checked his water bottle, its fine.
His cage is in a quiet room i don't play loud music or telly and he could be a little warm i suppose.
I'll be making a vet appoitment for tommorow.