PDA

View Full Version : Duna Fun

Basia
04-06-2007, 02:44 AM
This cage is on offer in P@H over Easter. I bought one yesterday for Sid but have discovered it is impossible to get a large wheel in without removing a shelf, which kind of defeats the object of the cage. :(
Have now ordered him a gabber rex and am taking this one back.
Just thought I would warn anyone else thinking of buying it for a syrian.

Holly
04-06-2007, 03:41 AM
I don't think you will regret buying the Rex, Basia - here's ours for the WWs - even with two wheels (well, two of everything!) there's still lots of space:

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o209/Holly_Day/IMG_4456.jpg

I find attaching the wodent wheel to the shelf with a clothes peg stops it moving/rattling around.

I looked at the Duna fun as well and was once tempted - I'm glad I didn't go for it as I'd have ben buying it to replace a Rotastak because it's impossible to fit a large wheel in those as well.

souffle
04-06-2007, 04:53 AM
I looked at the duna fun and though we were quite impressed with the size I had two issues with it. Firstly there are bars and bars mean chewing in our house :roll: Secondly there was a major problem fitting the lid and removing it. Half were cracked and broken and the plastic seemed like it would crack with repeated opening. I was also a bit worried the ham could escape. I did not realise that the wheel would not fit which is a nuscience.

Basia
04-06-2007, 04:54 AM
I'm looking forward to getting the gabber rex, for one thing cleaning the Imacs is not as easy as I would like, and it does look a nice cage. Your winter whites must be very happy in there.
The duna fun looks as if it will take a large wheel but the floor just catches on it, even on a stand. Its a shame because I did let Sid have a wander in it and he ran all over the ladders and through the tube. He seemed to like it. Any way it's gone now so can't wait for the gabber rex to come, hopefully before Sid escapes from his Imac....[/i]