PDA

View Full Version : Karlie Inspired Toys :)

juliedn
04-10-2011, 06:38 PM
Instead of moping about the fact that Karlie Wonderland products wouldn't ship to my house, I made them instead!

Two hours with a glue gun, popsicle sticks, and metal wire got me this.

I made a huge hideaway to fill with aspen so he can burrow deeper. On top is a second level that is accessed by the ladder and holds his food etc. The two other toys can be put on the second level too.

The one that looks like it's for climbing is a mini/dwarf hamster version of this:
Karlie Wonderland Natural Wood Hamster Playground (http://www.justhamsters.co.uk/playhouses/karlie-wonderland-natural-wood-hamster-playground?variant_id=91)

I also made a swing similar to this:
Wooden Hamster Swing (http://www.justhamsters.co.uk/wheels-toys/wooden-hamster-swing?variant_id=51)

What do you think guys? :D

Jaybee
04-10-2011, 06:53 PM
You did a nice job :)

mary ellen
04-10-2011, 09:01 PM
You made such cute toys for your hamster. Which one does your hamster like the best? If I made one toy what toy would you suggest I make? Thanks for sharing and posting pictures, too.

Hamtastic
04-10-2011, 09:25 PM
I've been playing with the idea of making something like that myself :) Yours came out great!!!

juliedn
04-10-2011, 10:09 PM
You made such cute toys for your hamster. Which one does your hamster like the best? If I made one toy what toy would you suggest I make? Thanks for sharing and posting pictures, too.
So far it's the house because he's been sleeping all day and he lovesssss burrowing in it since it's filled to the brim with aspen. He uses the swing a lot? xD He hasn't really woken up to play yet, so I've only seen him run around for 2 min and go sleep.

And thanks Jaybee and Hamtastic :)

RachK
04-10-2011, 11:45 PM
Love them. The house is my favourite. :)

Gizmodo ^_^
04-10-2011, 11:56 PM
There really goood :D, well done :)

Camdenita
04-11-2011, 12:11 AM
Really nice toys!! :)

amyXlovesXhamstersX
04-11-2011, 04:38 AM
They are really good! :)

HamstersAreHardcore
04-11-2011, 04:57 AM
WOW ! Welldone !

alexarcano
04-11-2011, 05:07 AM
LOL
You sooooo stole my idea! Thats it I'm patenting them. :P

http://www.hamstercentral.com/community/diy-do-yourself-hamster-projects/13884-sticks-string-little-glue.html

They all look cool. I really like the little house. I might just have to steal your idea ;) Well done!

juliedn
04-11-2011, 05:42 AM
LOL
You sooooo stole my idea! Thats it I'm patenting them. :P

http://www.hamstercentral.com/community/diy-do-yourself-hamster-projects/13884-sticks-string-little-glue.html

They all look cool. I really like the little house. I might just have to steal your idea ;) Well done!

I'm sorry, but you are mistakened. The only idea I stole when making the swing is the Karlie swing itself and the idea of using popsicle sticks to make stuff for hamsters. I have never seen that post in my life. The last post on that thread was towards the end of February and I did not even join until mid-March. And even if I did see that thread, our swings look completely different. My structure is obviously simpler. Please don't make assumptions about something because it may end up offending someone. Thank you for the compliment though.

alexarcano
04-11-2011, 06:02 AM
*sighs*
Ah, good old international humour barrier.
I was making a joke. I did not actually think that you 'stole' my idea, I was just pointing out similarities and I welcome people to draw ideas or inspiration from anything I put on this public forum, as I draw from their ideas and creations.

KatiePillow
04-11-2011, 09:27 AM
Yeah, Julie as he said, I think it's more English Humour than anything, we are quite dry >.<
Nice toys, really nice idea :)

juliedn
04-11-2011, 09:39 AM
*sighs*
Ah, good old international humour barrier.
I was making a joke. I did not actually think that you 'stole' my idea, I was just pointing out similarities and I welcome people to draw ideas or inspiration from anything I put on this public forum, as I draw from their ideas and creations.

Thank you for the explanation. In America, well at least where I come from, it would be considered immature. I'm not trying to offend you, but I was refuting a point that I believed you meant. Just a misunderstanding.

KatiePillow
04-11-2011, 09:44 AM
Yeah, him saying 'omg! you copied me.' seriously would have been immature, but as it is he was just kidding, I didn't realise that humour was so different overseas :) It must be difficult o.o;

Alexarcano has dad humour anyway, so basically anything he says is a joke ;)
(Sorry Alexarcano :p)

alexarcano
04-11-2011, 09:50 AM
Whaddaya mean English?
Are you suggesting I have been infected by the humour of the English?
Moi?
I am shocked at the idea. ;)
DAD HUMOUR????? Bah humbug.
Maybe I just read too much Terry Pratchet and watch too much Monty Python.
See? That is humour. ;)

juliedn
04-11-2011, 09:51 AM
Hmm I think even the fact that you can't tell if someone is sarcastic over the web makes it harder. Oh well, mostly UK people are hc members. Might as well get used to it. >.< Sorry alex for the misunderstanding.

And I honestly have no idea what alex was trying to joke about in the previous post.... This is going to be hard to understand xD

KatiePillow
04-11-2011, 09:56 AM
lmao, just smile and nod ;)

alexarcano
04-11-2011, 10:00 AM
lol. No worries. Actually I was unsure if you were being sarcastic as well. ;)
The mainstays of UK humour involve sarcasm, irony and not a little bit of bad punning.
Just treat everything thats said as a bit of light humour and you won't go far wrong. :)

fluffymunchkins
04-11-2011, 11:01 AM
Thats so brilliant!
Well done :D

Cartoonist
04-12-2011, 02:57 AM
Well done!!

Hope
04-13-2011, 06:57 AM
Well done - love those ideas, really cool!!
And Alex was joking - its just our weird dry british humour I'm afriad, he meant no offence at all! :-)

Katie - I proper lol'd at the 'Dad humour' comment! :p

mangoandmimi
04-13-2011, 07:00 AM
wow they look great!!
ooh nice website too... might do an order with them! x

Jaybee
04-13-2011, 03:18 PM
i'm kinda sarcastic, i hope you get along with me julie! lol

Kristin
04-18-2011, 01:35 PM
Lovely toys for your hammie their chick. Its given me a few ideas for my little Harley as I have many ice-lolly sticks laying in my cupboard :)

Teddybearhamster420
05-14-2011, 08:16 PM
I knoe you made this thread a while ago..but i have a question that i really need to be answered!!.. ;)
is it ok for you to use a hot glue gun?? if so, what other types to glue can u use??

juliedn
05-14-2011, 08:42 PM
i did use a hot glue gun and i just used te generic type of hard glue you put in to melt. my hamster does not chew on it but i am still careful to leave the glue as unexposed as possible.

Hamtastic
05-18-2011, 02:24 PM
I'd strongly recommend Elmers Wood Glue, as it's non-toxic and holds wood really well! I used it for all my wooden hamster projects.

Nappo
05-19-2011, 10:42 AM
Weeh, amazing work-pieces! Inspired me to make some again xD

Pomegranate
05-22-2011, 01:15 AM
You did a brilliant job, they look awesome! Now I have a great reason to buy ice lollies. :D

lmao, just smile and nod ;)

I find that approach works with Scottish humour a lot. (Followed by running away very fast. :mad: )

shyimafadh
05-26-2011, 10:06 AM
superrr :) love it.. bet ur hamster also love it :)