PDA

View Full Version : RIP Goose

MandyP
04-07-2011, 10:45 AM
I am really sad to say Goose had to be put to sleep today. His lump was getting worse and he was starting to find it hard to breath.

I was so upset at the Vets. I carried him to the back but couldnt watch them put him to sleep. He is now been burried in a plant pot with some flowers on top.

I am glad we were able to give him a good and enjoyable few months.

I am so upset right now but i know we done the right thing. My youngest step son was gutted he cried for ages :(

RIP Goose i hope you enjoy Hamster Heaven xxxxxxxxxxxx Mummy will always love you xxxxxxxxxxxxx

http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc386/Mandy_Pickup/01032011482.jpg?t=1302198213

http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc386/Mandy_Pickup/29012011313.jpg?t=1302198300

Womblehands
04-07-2011, 10:52 AM
Oh my I'm so so sorry Goose had to leave us so early. sending you my love.. rest well little Goose xxx

Gizmodo ^_^
04-07-2011, 10:52 AM
Im so sorry Mandy :(, Goose had a great life with you
Sleep well Beautiful Goose <3

amyXlovesXhamstersX
04-07-2011, 10:54 AM
Im so sorry, you gave him the best life he could of had
Play well at the bridge Goose x

mangoandmimi
04-07-2011, 10:56 AM
Aww im so sorry, goose had the best life any mum could give him (:
rip little one sleep tight xxx

SnickersTheFirst
04-07-2011, 11:07 AM
I'm so sorry Mandy. Goose was such a sweetie, he'll be missed alot. Play well at the bridge little one. xxxx

suga
04-07-2011, 11:10 AM
Sleep well Goose :-(

Hamtastic
04-07-2011, 11:23 AM
You've made the right decision, as difficult as it was. I am sure Goose knew you were doing the best you could for him. He was a gorgeous hamster and had a good life with you. The wonderful thing is that you can take comfort in the mini-zoo you have of other animals, and Little Goose had deserved some rest from all the playing he's done :)

RachK
04-07-2011, 11:25 AM
Mandy just saw your status on Facebook. I am so upset & he's not my hamster. I suppose it's because we share on here all our ups & downs with our little furries. So so sad for you & so sorry.

RIP little Goose, another hammie angel for the bridge xxxxx

shazzy
04-07-2011, 11:26 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about Goose - I was so happy to see you'd brought him home. How nice for him to have such a loving home during his last days.

Sleep well mr Goose x

KatiePillow
04-07-2011, 11:30 AM
I am so sorry to hear this =[
I hope he's having a nice time at the bridge, and he'll always be looking down on the mummy who gave him a nice home, after so long

souffle
04-07-2011, 11:41 AM
I am so very sorry :( I really, really hoped he would pull through.
He lived a lifetime of love during his time with you and a new star will shine tonight for little Goose xx
Play well beautiful lad and watch over your family xx

princess-rhi89
04-07-2011, 11:47 AM
Awww hunni, Im so sorry to read about poor goose, as soon as i logged on and seen the thread title my eyes filled up, I will ask Maisie-moo to look after him up their and take him under her paw. All my love to you right now, sleeptight and playwell little goose goose xxx

samincittagazze
04-07-2011, 11:48 AM
I'm so sorry to hear this Mandy. I had a soft spot for little Goose, he was the first rescue I read about on here and I remember thinking how wonderful that he had a whole new home and family with you. You gave him a loving and happy life. x

MandyP
04-07-2011, 12:11 PM
Thank you everyone. I am still in shock that its happened. I cant bring my self round to cleaning his cage out tonight but will do it tomorrow as the kids dont like seeing an empty cage. They have asked if one of the other small hamsters can move into Goose's tank. I feel a bit weird about it but if it helps them deal with it then i will do it.

anorak
04-07-2011, 12:14 PM
I actually shouted out 'Oh No' when I saw the title of the thread. Goose was a cutie and shall always be remembered for that smile! Rest well little one, you did the right thing. An animal in pain is so horrible to see. He had a loving home and people who adored him. Play well little Goose. xxx

fluffymunchkins
04-07-2011, 01:27 PM
oh Mandy :( I'm so sorry!

He was such a special boy and even in his short time on HC he touched my heart. I'm so pleased he was able to spend his final days with you.

You will be in good company up there little man, sleep tight xxx

leedsgurl
04-07-2011, 01:37 PM
So sorry for your loss :( play well at the bridge Goose x

Pompompoms
04-07-2011, 04:19 PM
Oh lovely Goose :( sleep well gorgeous boy. Enjoy the bridge with all our dearly missed friends xx

Mandy I'm so sorry, it must have been the hardest day for you. You did the kindest thing out of love, and that's all you could ever do xx

Hope
04-08-2011, 07:45 AM
Mandy I am so sorry, you did your best by him and that all he could have asked for. You gave him a loving comfortable home to live out the last of his days.

RIP Little Goose, play well x

rokchick03
04-08-2011, 08:12 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about your little Goose. I'm sure you gave him the best life any hammy mummy could and he knew he was loved.

Rest peacefully, Goose.

Big Hugs.

stellanova1
04-08-2011, 09:58 AM
I'm sorry mandy :( Sleep well Goose xxx

MandyP
04-08-2011, 01:04 PM
Thank you everyone. I am finding it very hard today. Everytime i walked past his cage i just wanted to cry.

My boys are still very upset. My youngest has been crying alot last night and this morning which has made me feel really sad. :(

I have just cleaned his cage out as it was making me too sad and the kids sad and i have moved Sam and Max in to help the boys deal with Goose's loss. I am hoping with having them in there will help them get over Goose a bit easier. They have asked to plant a Rose in Gooses plant pot and get a cross to put in there so will sort that out this weekend.

Hamtastic
04-08-2011, 01:08 PM
Aw, I'm sorry, I really hope you will be more at peace with Goose's departure soon.

Perhaps you could spend some time decorating Sam and Max's new cage with your boys. Put the hamsters' names on the cage as a decoration or what not. Your boys could take comfort in that there are lots of hammies to love, and they could focus on appreciating those who are still with them :)

MandyP
04-08-2011, 01:13 PM
Thats a good idea. I think they will be ok in a few days. Its the first time they have had to dealt with a loss so i knew it would be hard. In future i will have to break it to them a bit different perhaps.
x

I know that when you have hamsters they are only with you for a short while but it is still so sad when they do pass away. :( x

Hamtastic
04-08-2011, 01:16 PM
Yeah, I read all the obituaries on this site, and it's like a daily reminder of how short and precious or time with our hamster friends is. I look at my tiny girls and pray they won't have any health problems. It's tough.

Humphrey Furball
04-08-2011, 03:17 PM
So sorry to hear about Goose's passing; you helped him on his last journey, which was the very best and bravest gift you could give him. Play well at the bridge Goose x

Malorey
04-09-2011, 07:12 AM
Rest in peace, Goose. :( Very sorry for your loss.