PDA

View Full Version : what should i be feeding him

Theador_and_Me
03-22-2007, 04:49 AM
What should i be feeding my hamster.......... Right now i feed him the regular hamster food u buy at the store with the sunflower4 seeds and all that stuff but should i be feeding him like cut up celery or cut up apples, carrots or should i feed him what i feed him and and all those things? not quite sure :shock: :shock: :shock:

Emms
03-22-2007, 09:54 AM
The dried food is the main part of their diet, as for fruit and veg they should be slowly introduced to him and not served in big quantities. You can also give them the odd treat you see in pet shops. Sorry about the small post I don't ave a huge knowledge of hamsters so I don't want to say too much incase I give false information :)

Christine Yule
03-22-2007, 12:43 PM
Check out the threat in this section called, "How much fresh food do you give your adult Syrians, veggies?"

You will find some good suggestions there. If you aren't sure what to give them, just make sure you buy them a good quality hamster food mix. Sometimes they are called "Gourmet" mixes. Don't buy the cheap stuff because often it is mostly corn and sunflower seeds and that isn't healthy for them.

If you need more suggestions, just ask.

Hamstermama