PDA

View Full Version : Do chineses like to climb?

mangoandmimi
04-02-2011, 12:49 PM
Hey,
sorry for the sudden burst of chinese ham questions but i'm watching like 10 cages on ebay and dont know which to go for lol :P but anyway do chinese hams like to climb? i think i read somewhere that they did but then they are dwarfs so im not sure :L thanks :D

Gizmodo ^_^
04-02-2011, 01:24 PM
Im not sure, but Gizmo my dwarf loved climbing and i think the majority do :D

KatiePillow
04-02-2011, 01:38 PM
Sesame doesn't like climbing as much as she enjoys digging, I think a tank cage with opportunities for climbing inside, such as cork tunnels and branches you buy from the reptile section are better, otherwise I think sesame would kick all her bedding out of the bars, as she likes making giant piles around her nest :)

mangoandmimi
04-02-2011, 02:15 PM
Ok, thanks :) ill just stick with a tank instead of a barred one then - ty! x

Debbie
04-02-2011, 02:33 PM
When we adopted Mouse from the RSPCA they told us chinese hamsters like to climb so we have a piece of bogwood in her cage, it's her way up to her second level, and she climbs it no problem!

Amelia66
04-02-2011, 03:31 PM
mine loves to climb, and rearrange things so he can climb on them. I would say nothing too high tho as they aren't as robust as robos and a fall from a great hight could be bad. Bars on the cage would also possibly be a no as mine is a avid bar chewer when he can get to some bars.

alisont
04-03-2011, 03:23 AM
Dudley loves climbing - he hardly ever uses his ladder to 2nd little level in his rydon mill house but uses his hay toy or other item to climb on, had to move a little wicker house as he moved it to get to the bars at the top and started chewing! So he has his flying saucer wheel on 2nd level only now.

I keep moving toys round and swapping them as he seems to like some more than others.

Be careful of anything with bars as they chew and he can get his little arms through the bars on the top of the cage so the plastic tank cages seem good.

LocoRocoPanda
04-03-2011, 04:21 AM
Aizen loved climbing. XD He'd climb Everest if I'd let him. Toshiro liked digging though, I guess it just depends on the hammy.

fluffymunchkins
04-03-2011, 06:29 AM
Definitley :)
I have considered getting bacardi a wire cage actually as he doesn't have a lot to climb on in his cage now(maybe the mickey max XL)
But I found him hanging for the gabber bars before now and hes always climbing up stuff during floortime!

KatiePillow
04-03-2011, 06:44 AM
I bought a branch from the reptile section which Sesame liked hanging off of into her foodbowl.
She and sandy both love their cork tunnels, as they're naturally grippy, so maybe you could invest in that sort of thing, not a barred cage? Only because it'd work out cheaper :p

mangoandmimi
04-03-2011, 07:16 AM
i'll probably get a zoozone or something and fill it deep so he can dig, but also hang loads of stuff from the bars so he can sort of climb :P plus tunnels and bits of wood :D
thanks ;) x

Sandrilene
04-08-2011, 05:02 AM
mine like to climb to the second story rather then use the tunnel up to it.

thelittleteacup
04-08-2011, 05:17 AM
i'll probably get a zoozone or something and fill it deep so he can dig, but also hang loads of stuff from the bars so he can sort of climb :P plus tunnels and bits of wood :D
thanks ;) x

sounds like an excellent idea!! chinese are usually excellent climbers! and excellent escapers! :)