PDA

View Full Version : Drilling in the Mini Duna

DwarfNome
03-31-2011, 01:50 PM
I'll hopefully be able to drill the holes in Arrow's Duna and Bin cage extension tommorow. I'm a bit worried because the base is tilted outwards, and the bin is straight. I suppose that I could cover it up with tape if it goes wrong? I have two bought two ferplast "adapters" and a small tube, so I'm really hoping this will work out. Has anyone done this with any kind of cage before? any advice? :)

mangoandmimi
03-31-2011, 01:52 PM
hmm are you gonna drill into the clear top half? if so be very careful it doesnt crack and split, as the plastic is very flimsy :S but no ive never tried it lol - looking forward to seeing how it turnss out :D

DwarfNome
03-31-2011, 01:57 PM
I'm drilling in the colored plastic base, I'd never dare to touch the clear plastic xD I know how fragile it is! :mad:

samincittagazze
03-31-2011, 02:05 PM
I have just this very minute finished cutting into the lid on my Mini Duna to add an extension for Max. It's not the neatest job in the world but I've attached the adapter and added stuff on that way, though of course the pain is unattaching the tubes to open the lid. Still, less scary than drilling in the plastic! :)

DwarfNome
03-31-2011, 02:09 PM
I'm just hoping it will go well, altough I am concerned that the drilling might be too large and the adapter wont stay in place :???: Then tape will have to be my hero again! :)