PDA

View Full Version : My Little Pea : (

Blue Dragon
03-25-2011, 03:25 AM
Little Pea died yesterday afternoon, in the palm of my hand.

I noticed she couldn't get up and was liying on her side kicking her legs. So I picked her up and cuddled her, figuring she'd just had a stroke. She fell asleep in a little fluffy ball in the palm of one hand and stayed that way for a while. She looked so peacefull. Her heart was going so fast though and her breathing was eratic. I took her upstairs to put her on one of my heat mats to keep her warm, but she had a heart attack before I could get it ready. It was very quick, seconds really, so I'm pleased about that, but angry that she had to go through it at all.

Little Pea was a funny little ham, she would pick and choose when she wanted to come out to play, and if she didn't she'd always give me a nip to let me know! She loved her mealworms and her favourite tea was couscous with chicken : ) She was very cheaky and loved to run away just so I would have to get her back, but ever now and then she'd just want to cuddle : 3

Your better again now, so have fun whereever you are, my little Pea.

Hope
03-25-2011, 03:27 AM
Sorry to hear about little Pea :-(

Sounds like you looked after her well in her last moments, I'm sure that she apreciated all you did for her.

Sleep well little one x

Katarina
03-25-2011, 03:27 AM
RIP little Pea :(

princess-rhi89
03-25-2011, 03:32 AM
Sleepwell little pea, I bet she was grateful for you to be there with her in her final moments, she knew she was loved very mcuh by you, and will remember your kindness forever, my thoughts are with you bd, all my love and whiskery kisses xxxx

Blue Dragon
03-25-2011, 03:49 AM
Thank you everyone. It's nice to know that people on here understand, I know if I tryed to explain to others they'd just be thinking 'well, it was just a hamster, so what?'.

Chip and Nut seem fine. I thought they might be looking for her, but maybe they understand she wasn't well and has gone somewhere else.

Pea was making me laugh just the day before 'cause she was flinging sand everywhere when she was having a sand bath : ) She was funny.

samincittagazze
03-25-2011, 04:24 AM
I'm so sorry, but glad she was with you when she went.

Gizmodo ^_^
03-25-2011, 08:38 AM
Im so sorry that little pea passed away
she had a great life and was obviously much loved
Sleep well Pea xx

fluffymunchkins
03-25-2011, 11:40 AM
I'm so sorry :( Pea was such a sweetie, rest in peace little one xx

amyXlovesXhamstersX
03-25-2011, 11:56 AM
Im so sorry :(
She had a great life and im sure she thanks you for helping her through her last moments...
RIP little one x

anorak
03-25-2011, 12:37 PM
Rest well little Pea. Play and have fun at the Bridge. xxx

Iluvhamsters
03-25-2011, 03:08 PM
RIP Little Pea :(

Hamtastic
03-25-2011, 09:56 PM
Poor little Pea :( At least she did not suffer long and was loved to the last minutes of her life. Stay strong and remember the good times you've had together.

Blue Dragon
03-26-2011, 03:58 AM
Thank you everone for your kind comments, it's good to have people who understand.

I do miss her. She used to make me laugh having her sandbath, and now I'm catching myself looking over to see if she's there, to see if she's going to make me laugh again. Maybe that's selfish of me to think that way?

Chip did the job last night though... climbing up her wooden bridge, standing up on her hind legs and falling backwards onto Nut! X ) They made me feel so much better then, like they knew I needed cheering up and they'd planned that just for me : ) So naturally they both got a couple of mealworms each.

rokchick03
03-26-2011, 05:01 AM
I'm really sorry to read about Little Pea. I'm sure wherever she is, she's in peace and pain free. She knew she was loved while she was with you.

And I don't think that it's selfish that you're looking at her cage, waiting for her to make you laugh because that is what made your relationship special.

Chip and Nut will make you smile and remember that no matter what, they and Little Pea will always love you and appreciate your love for them.

Sending you Big Teddy Bear Hugs!

Blue Dragon
03-27-2011, 03:18 AM
Thank you rokchick03.

Chip and Nut are playing the 'who's gunna be boss' game at the minuet. Nothing bad, just a load of dramatic squeeking and a lot of pinning. They're both dominant hams though, so don't know which will win yet.

For anyone that's wondering, that's Pea in my avvy pic : ) Taken not long after she was brought home. I like it 'cause she's got that looking-to-see-if-anyone-has-noticed-what-she's-done face : 3

CrissiHiME
03-30-2011, 06:34 PM
I am sorry for your loss. :{
I am sure she is running around and burrowing with friends!

Blue Dragon
03-31-2011, 01:45 AM
Thank you.
She did like to burrow a lot, mostly in her sandbath. She did make me laugh kicking it out everywhere : ) I hope she's got the biggest sandbath of all... I know she'd be chuffed with that.

Milo_88
03-31-2011, 06:26 AM
RIP Pea,sorry for your loss.
Mine died yesterday and I still keep lookin over to see if he will come say hi too.
xx

souffle
03-31-2011, 12:41 PM
So sorry to hear of your loss. She went to the bridge feeling your love around her.
Play well Pea xx

mangoandmimi
03-31-2011, 01:46 PM
awwhh im so sorry to hear this, I'm sure little pea appreciated the warmth and comfort you gave to her (: RIP Pea, sleep tight xxxxx
hope youre ok :Sx

Blue Dragon
04-01-2011, 12:49 AM
Thank you everyone.

I am feeling a bit better, but it's still very strange to only have two left. I'm still catching myself looking over to see if she's there, but I know she's not going to be. Funny how we do that, isn't it?

Milo: I'm sorry about your loss too.