PDA

View Full Version : Where can I get custom cut wood in?

StarlightSerenity
03-22-2011, 05:47 AM
I need some wood to build a frame for a mosquito net that I'm going to be putting over Luna's cage for the summer (we have problems with flies because of the ground floor flat and his five dogs...).

I dont have a saw or know anyone with one so I need custom cut wood for the frame, does anyone know where I can get custom cut wood? Online or a store that does a wood cutting service?

alexarcano
03-22-2011, 08:46 AM
B&Q do cutting if you buy the materials from them, but charge for it. I think most Homebase stores do this as well. In fact I think that most of the big DIY chains have a cutting service but give them a call first to make sure. Just make sure you give the right dimensions and check them afterwards though.
Hope this helps :)

wofunny
03-22-2011, 09:34 AM
Yeah ^^^^ B&Q do it, you just need the wood, They did it free for me and mine was a big piece of wood :)

Fidgetthefirst
03-22-2011, 09:37 AM
If B&Q do it, if you bought it from them, they might do it for free :) - If you get a nice person serving you! ;)

StarlightSerenity
03-22-2011, 10:05 AM
Ooo didnt know B&Q had a cutting service, there's one down the road from me so will pop down there soon. Thanks :D

princess-rhi89
03-22-2011, 10:35 AM
its a free cutting service at b&q now they dont charge as long as you buy the wood from them :D xx

samincittagazze
03-22-2011, 10:46 AM
Oooh, thank you for this. I've just nabbed myself a glass tank on ebay for £12.50 (yay!) and was wondering how to make a lid for it. :D

Holly's Mum
03-23-2011, 11:24 AM
That's an idea, would they also drill holes in it for you?

alexarcano
03-23-2011, 11:35 AM
Umm..
No, I doubt it unless you have a very friendly local DIY centre.
But you never know you could always bat the eyes or something... ;)

liana_y2kuk
03-25-2011, 08:00 AM
That's an idea, would they also drill holes in it for you?

You can screws for wood that don't need a pilot hole. They do cost a bit more but its still cheaper than a drill. You will be able to get them for b&q also.

I think they are called self tapping screws