PDA

View Full Version : Ladders?

Fidgetthefirst
03-20-2011, 08:38 AM
I want to make two wooden ladders for Milo :) I don't like the ones i have for him atm.
I have an old 'slat' off my bed, and its pine, i know pine woodshavings are bad, but what about just pine wood? He doesn't chew anything except his food and bars! I have no idea if its ''kiln dried pine'' though :/

And then i have some pale looking wood which my dad bought a while ago, i think its "Sawn Kiln Dried Timber ? < If this is safe i will continue to buy it, or just buy a new piece to make sure as its only 98p for a small piece :)

I'd prefer to make as ive been in a creative mood for a while and seen as im getting Milo a new cage next week i'd love to just have wooden things, minus his wheel :)

Hope
03-21-2011, 05:57 AM
Id have thought that kiln dried would be fine for him. I sometime give mine a block of wood to nibble on and never had any problems at all. Also long as tis not a very smelly wood like Cedar it should be ok :-)

Fidgetthefirst
03-21-2011, 09:22 AM
Okay wicked thanks :) Seems like alot of people didn't no :( 38 views i reply :/ thank you! I'll get some :D

alexarcano
03-21-2011, 09:42 AM
I made a ladder from bamboo skewers, stiff wire to form the uprights and some jute (I think thats what it's called, the safe one anyhow ;) ) twine. As for Pine, I have used it in his bin with no adverse effects.

Fidgetthefirst
03-21-2011, 11:01 AM
Wow! I tried doing that with some twigs, but well er, it failed! LOL

And wicked, i'll use the pine slatoff my bed ;D