PDA

View Full Version : Harry Hamster orange biscuits

daffee
03-01-2007, 01:56 AM
Our robos have taken to being a bit picky with their food. We feed them Harry Hamster by the scatter method. Last night we decided not to feed them as they had at least 25 orange biscuits strewn about the cage! Does anyone know what these are and do other people's hammies not like them either?

souffle
03-01-2007, 05:20 AM
It seems they are all different and some like some bits more than others. Our syrians eat the orange biscuits. They are quite large for robos. Try breaking a few up and see if they will take them then. Ours hate the black tube things!

daffee
03-01-2007, 06:58 AM
That's an interesting thought...do you mean that they might not take them as they can't put them in their cheeck pouches?

Hana
03-01-2007, 10:45 AM
The orange bits are one of the last things in my hams bowls to go, but the black things that I posted about before don't even go at all! :roll:

souffle
03-01-2007, 12:04 PM
I think that to a robo an orange biscuit might feel like trying to shove a pumpkin in your mouth all at once! :lol: Its worth a try to see if they take them crumbled up. Maybe they just dont like them though :lol:

babyboos
03-03-2007, 07:18 PM
I find my Roborovski prefer a good quality bird seed over their normal hamster mix, and always give them half and half. The seeds and grains go first and the dehydrated vegetable pieces last.

leigh
03-07-2007, 03:00 PM
My Mayo does not like the black bits of food either. They are always left in his bowl.
I get him the fruit 'donut' rings as a treat. He only likes the orange coloured ones. He will pick at the red, but detests the green ones which are appled flavoured, which makes sense as he hates fresh apples aswell.

racinghamster
03-21-2007, 06:06 AM
I also feed Harry Hamster and have taken to snapping the orange and green biscuits into quarters so the hamsters can handle them better. I feel there are too many orange biscuits in this mix personally. I would like to see more seed based ingredients in the mix. I add budgie seed to it and other small bite size foods like weetabix, kallo organic puffed rice and jumbo oats.

Morag: I`d love to know what your bird seed is based on? :) Do you just put some Harry in the dish and then half mixed bird seeds? I currently use just plain budgie seed, but can get canary mix, cockateil mix, foreign finch mix etc... but don`t really know which seeds are fattier than others? Or does it make a difference?

jelly
03-21-2007, 07:28 AM
my Hammies aren't picky. They eat a variety. Hamster popcorn, krunch-a-rounds(this is their favorite),and about any hamster food