PDA

View Full Version : mini or medium ss?

daffee
02-28-2007, 06:44 AM
Our robos live in a rody hamster. They have a mini silent spinner at the moment. We want to get them another one as we had to take out their second wheel that came in the cage as they kept stuffing bedding under it so it didn't spin.

I'm not sure whether we should get them a second mini spinner or buy the medium one. Will the medium one fit in a rody hamster (they have a house, wooden log and toilet rolls in there so there's not a huge amount of space and the mediunm one looked very big in the shop) :? Will they actually run in it together or is is better to allow them separate wheels - which way is most likely to help avoid squabbles?

souffle
02-28-2007, 07:53 AM
I would go for another mini. The medium one is big enough for a small syrian so it might be rather big for a robo. I think they prefer to run alone as I think they may squabble over the wheel. Even though it is bigger it is not a lot wider so they may not have room to run together and the smaller one would give you more floor space too.

daffee
02-28-2007, 09:07 AM
Thanks, I'll order them another one :)

babyboos
03-03-2007, 07:44 PM
as souffle said the width isn't appreciabley greater and mini gets a good speed up for a Robo.