PDA

View Full Version : Hamsters do the funniest things...

babyboos
02-27-2007, 06:49 AM
What is the wierdest thing you have ever found your hamster doing?

SnuggleHam
02-27-2007, 07:22 AM
Well, just last night actually... I was sitting at my computer desk, Smoo was helping me out with something, and I looked up at Muffin and Cupcakes twin ten-gallon tanks. One of them went up the tube to the connecting part, she then peed in there then turned around and drank it. Ive heard of hamster eating their droppings, but I've never seen one drink their own urine :?

souffle
02-27-2007, 08:33 AM
The other night Paws was lying on TOP of his wheel with his legs in the air against the roof bars having a bit of a chew! He did look somewhat amusing :lol: :lol:

Holly
02-27-2007, 09:03 AM
Running on the TOP of his wodent wheel - this is Treacle's speciality but Custard has done it as well!

They basically each have a wodent wheel between two shelves in their cages and they often use the wheel as a bridge to get from one side to the other - the first time we saw Treaks running along on the top of the wheel we were in stitches :). Since then he's done it several more times and Custard has copied him at least twice.

Christine Yule
02-27-2007, 05:46 PM
My Syrian hamster Genevieve likes to stick her tongue out at me. It is very strange! She has a very large tongue (my Vet says) and she sits at her cage door and when I come over to talk to her, she sticks her tongue all the way out on one side of her mouth and flicks it in and out like a snake. Then she does it on the other side of her mouth. She just keeps on doing it as I laugh at her. It is hilarious! I have never seen anything like it!!! :lol:

Hamstermama

I have taken a fairly good picture of her. I just caught her putting her tongue back in her mouth. I am still trying to get a video of this. I want a video to keep because I am sure that no one will beleive me unless they see it for themselves!

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p3/hamstermama/Genevievestongue2.jpg

pophammy
02-28-2007, 12:31 PM
Whenever a girl is in season Nelson goes completely mad! He has a little circuit that he does, he runs up onto his top level, comes down the other side, goes through his tube, runs madly on his wheel, then goes on top of his platform and hangs from his bars with his front feet, then lets himself fall on his back! Its funny but I'm scared he will hurt himself one day!

Bailey-Benji
02-28-2007, 01:04 PM
He did this by himself!: http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e336/Bailey2510/Benji/th_CLIP0026.jpg (http://s42.photobucket.com/albums/e336/Bailey2510/Benji/?action=view&current=CLIP0026.flv)
I caught him, and it wasn't very high :)

Second time lucky:
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e336/Bailey2510/Benji/th_CLIP0028.jpg (http://s42.photobucket.com/albums/e336/Bailey2510/Benji/?action=view&current=CLIP0028.flv)

Little menace! :lol:

Christine Yule
03-01-2007, 02:49 PM
I caught him, and it wasn't very high :)

Second time lucky

Little menace! :lol:[/quote]

Your Benji looks like quite a character! Seeing him made me feel sad though because he looks exactly like my Long haired Black eyed Cream that I called Princess Buttercup. She was put to sleep on Saturday and I miss her so much!!!

Hamstermama

Bailey-Benji
03-02-2007, 09:12 AM
Hehe, he's a great little guy! He loves exploring my room and getting up to mischeif. He never hides so I can let him run around while I sit and watch him and then I put im back in his cage :)

I'm really sorry to hear about Princess Buttercup and I'm sorry if I upset you. I bet she had a great life with you and was obviously well loved :(

Jill Bayles
03-07-2007, 06:14 AM
Aww...such hammy cuteness!

The funniest thing I've seen Hammy do is when he was trying to scale the sides of his playpen...he stood up and sort of stretched right up as far as he could to get some height...he looked as if he was doing his exercises :!:

Hammy also looks cute when he's just woken up and yawns...face all screwed up and mouth wide open...he's definitely not a morning hamster :wink: :!: :?

And Hammy makes us laugh when he gets himself in his sand bath...his paws and his bum go like the clappers and the sand comes flying out behind him :x

Hammy has brought us both so much joy and happiness...I'm so glad we got him and he's no trouble whatsoever...well only when he goes a-wandering :wink: :x :arrow:

leigh
03-16-2007, 01:06 PM
I think that Mayo is funny when he goes on the top of his house. The amount of times that he has fallen asleep on top it is unbelievable!
I know this is not funny, but when I switch the Hoover on. No matter what he is doing he disappears straight into his house.

babyboos
03-16-2007, 05:19 PM
My cat hates the Hoover - doesn't seem to bother the hamsters much though thankfully as I have to Hoover their room every day

mrsblloyd
04-03-2007, 07:05 AM
Toffee last night has discovered a new trick to do that looked so funny the first time we saw him do it we couldn't believe our eyes. :lol:

He was on the second level of his cage and decided to climb up, right to the top and then hang on with his two front legs to the top of the cage on the inside. He then proceeded to move along to the other side (width ways) only hanging on and moving using those front legs. He definitely is a very strong fella. It is amazing due to the size of their legs how strong they are to hold all that weight up there for that amount of time. =D>

It was so funny just seeming him dangling there. I was worried at first that he would hurt himself but it didn't seem to bother him at all and he enjoyed doing this so much that he carried on doing it many times through the evening - once he had got the hang of it.

Toffee also decided that he would climb right up inside the sleeve of my dressing gown so much so that we had to wait for him to come out on his own. We could not find him at first only feel him moving about.

silverliner
10-04-2012, 01:25 PM
Well, just last night actually... I was sitting at my computer desk, Smoo was helping me out with something, and I looked up at Muffin and Cupcakes twin ten-gallon tanks. One of them went up the tube to the connecting part, she then peed in there then turned around and drank it. Ive heard of hamster eating their droppings, but I've never seen one drink their own urine :?

Is it alright for a hammie to be doing that, though? :confused:

Catherine Spark
10-06-2012, 07:38 AM
Oakie was that laid back he used to sleep on my tummy quite happily, out of his travel cage, on public transport.

Willow used to run in her wheel on command...

Pebbles has been known to wag her tail when happy/engaged in things. But I haven't really seen her do it since the first night, when she was engaged in foraging for treats in her digging corner.

Vectis Hamstery
10-06-2012, 09:19 AM
Please check the dates of threads before posting - this one is from 2007 and many of the members posting in it are no longer active.