PDA

View Full Version : I was SO scared!

katie92
03-29-2005, 02:19 AM
:shock: Well today I went to see my little baby boy hamster LJ as I do every morning and when I went to give him a little treat he saw it and ran towards me, and as he moved I saw some blood smeared all over the shavings in his cage. I checked my hands to check it wasn't me, which it wasn't, and then I started panicking. I picked up LJ and checked all over his body for blood, then I went and told my mum. She turned round and said... "Those "blood" stains are actually strawberry juice marks form the strawberry you gave him last night!" I was SO relieved!!! Anyone had a similar experience? 8)

Emma
03-29-2005, 02:53 AM
:D I've never done that no, made me giggle a little! I did once feed a white hamster some red pepper and she merrily stained herself all over with it - took a while to fade and looked quite macabre, but I watched her do it so I knew what it was.

I did a similar panic though with one of my guinea pigs, Rufus. I thought he had a large hard growth in his mouth and was panicking about that whilst my housemate calmly picked him up and took the "growth" out of his mouth - it was a small conker that Rufus had managed to jam onto his tooth, silly boy.

SnuggleHam
03-29-2005, 06:58 AM
LOL... Oh Yikes!! That would freak me out too ha ha! I think it’s nice your mother seems to have taken a liking to your little hamster :) I bet he enjoyed that strawberry :P

Coco1
03-30-2005, 02:47 PM
Yea Nibbles made a mess with a raspberry once... but he enjoyed it! :D

catalat
03-31-2005, 10:30 PM
LOL that would have most definitely have scared me too. But thats a cute story! Glad it was only strawberry juice! :lol:

katie92
04-01-2005, 03:13 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol: Me too!!! Yes my mum loves my hamster too!!! He's SO adorable I don't know anyone who wouldn't!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Coco1
04-01-2005, 09:19 AM
Katie, you're lucky that your mum likes your hamster as much as you do. There are many people unfortunately who's parents hate them! I was lucky that my mum loved all mine also. Who couldn't huh?

:)

katie92
04-05-2005, 11:34 AM
I totally agree!!!

babyboos
04-05-2005, 02:15 PM
I have temporarily stained so many hamsters with blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, cherries etc. over the years - not deliberately mind :oops: Luckily stains don't show up as easily on Sable Syrians :?

carefresh
04-05-2005, 02:37 PM
I'm one of the unlucky ones who has a mom who's not to fond of hamsters. How can somebody not like a little fur ball !

babyboos
04-05-2005, 03:22 PM
Being a member of the rodent family sadly does them no favours in the eyes of many parents :(

carefresh
04-05-2005, 03:25 PM
I know, how come they couldn't be a part of the cute little furry animals that parents shouldn't dislike just because they are rodents family.

Coco1
04-05-2005, 03:30 PM
how come they couldn't be a part of the cute little furry animals that parents shouldn't dislike just because they are rodents family

LOL! Carefresh, aren't you the one who has the hammy hidden from your Mum?

carefresh
04-05-2005, 03:34 PM
Nope ! I couldn't do that (though it is tempting) because what if he got sick ! I would have no way of taking him to the vet. But I am working on getting a hamster (I took care of my friend's hamster for practically it's whole life so I do have something to persuade my parents into letting me have one). My mom said she would decide if I could have a hamster after I finish building it's cage. But I will have a hamster someday, no matter what it takes ! :D

Coco1
04-05-2005, 03:49 PM
hmmmm ? OK, well then WHO was it who had the hidden hamster? I forget now?

babyboos
04-05-2005, 04:18 PM
Carefresh I know you will have a hamster of your own one day - if anyone deserves it you do. Please ask your mum if she can contact a rescue WHEN the time comes, as I know you will give an unwanted hamster lots of love :D

Coco I think you are maybe getting confused with another forum - or have I missed something???

Coco1
04-05-2005, 05:32 PM
Well I've not been in another forum for about a month? It's possible though? My memory is NOT the best LOL!

carefresh
04-05-2005, 06:02 PM
It's OK Coco1, there's people who can help !

hammydude
04-05-2005, 06:27 PM
Coco it's Rayven off of PetWebSite. Her hamster is hidden from her mum. She said if her mum saw it she would probably have ANOTHER heart-attack.

carefresh
04-05-2005, 06:33 PM
Where on earth would she hide it ?

hammydude
04-05-2005, 06:38 PM
She said in her room. In the mornings when she wakes up before going to work she lets it run in its ball. I don't know how I could hide a hamster. I don't think I could keep the little furball to myself! :D Well, I guess there's you guys! :P

carefresh
04-05-2005, 06:43 PM
Yeah but my mom would search my room if she even thought she so much as heard a tiny little noise ! She would definitely suspect me ! :lol:

Coco1
04-06-2005, 08:12 AM
It's OK Coco1, there's people who can help !

LOL Carefresh - I'll need it!

OK, thanks Hammydude, so I'm NOT going crazy. I could have gone back in there and checked, just didn't get a chance. I thought it was amazing too that she kept that hamster hidden. That would be so sad not to be able to share it with others. I hope one day things will work out and she'll be able to bring it out!

hammydude
04-06-2005, 01:21 PM
That would be so sad not to be able to share it with others. I hope one day things will work out and she'll be able to bring it out!

I agree Coco.

babyboos
04-06-2005, 02:15 PM
I am glad noone on here is doing this as it shows a lack of respect I think. If your hamster offends your mum, or another person you live with, they should just not go in your room. I feel quite sad that an adult should be behaving in such a way.

Coco1
04-06-2005, 03:04 PM
Babyboos, I can't agree with you more. Unfortunately I was in the same situation for a while with my hubby. I just described it as immature! I mean come on what's their problem? It's just a little biddy hamster!!! Thankfully, in my case, the situation has now improved, but I know first hand how sad and upsetting it can be to not be able to share something you're passionate about with someone you love :-)

babyboos
04-09-2005, 04:50 PM
Naughty girl - you mean you didn't discuss getting a hamster before you brought Nibbles home? :oops: :lol:

Coco1
04-11-2005, 08:17 AM
Babyboos, well yes we did, and he was like "I don't think so, not getting one..." well, he's always been like that, was the same with our cat and then fell in love with her! Anyway, I did get Nibbles and told him later that day - I seriously didn't think he'd be THAT mad but he was! oops lol. But part of me also knew that I wasn't going to get anywhere with him just discussing it, he would always just say "No" and I wouldn't have that LOL! So I just went ahead and got him. :lol:

Now, I understand if you're a kid still living in your parents' house then you're in THEIR house and need to respect their rules (as much as possible, hamsters excluded LOL!) , but I'm an adult and I may ask hubby's opinion and discuss such matters, but that doesn't mean I'll agree with him! At the end of the day, we're both as stubborn as each other LOL! We may hate somethings that each of us do, but we get over it! Plus, in my opinion life is too short to not enjoy those things that bring you such pleasure as darling little hamsters :mrgreen: I rarely do things on the spur of the moment, and normaly don't hide anything from my hubby, but Nibbles was different, I just knew I wasn't going to win otherwise lol! Hey, we've been happily married for 13 years so we're doing something right! lol :lol:

(Kids - do as I say and not as I do.... comes to mind!)

babyboos
04-11-2005, 04:17 PM
Definitely agree :oops: :lol: :oops:

He will come round and if he doesn't at least you haven't got the gorgeous Nibbles shut away in a cupboard! It is not as if you need him to help care for Nibbles as such. If he doesn't want to clean him out or play with him, you are perfectly capable of caring for all of Nibbles needs by yourself. A child however will need an adult A) to purchase the hamster in the first place if bought from a store ro responsible breeder and B) if it needs veterinary attention for example.

I am so glad Jules loves the furballs as much as me - we have been together since January 1995 and with so many to care for I do need his help - he is my chief tamer and a real expert at sexing Roborovski Dwarves :? Don't think I have ever seen him with his hands in discenfectant mind you or empyting the potties for that matter... :twisted:

Coco1
04-12-2005, 07:21 AM
Exactly. He is did come around to the fact that I have him, but only after he got his new speakers! lol. I do everything with Nibbles, he won't even LOOK at him unless he accidently comes face to face with him, like when I put Nibbles right up to his face and said "Hi"! He wasn't impressed! hehehehe. Nope, I don't need him to do anything and if I go away my neigbhour is ready to jump at the chance! (She's the one who went with me to get him).

:-)

katie92
05-04-2005, 03:54 PM
Hi I found out where rayven has hid her hamster from her mum she has hid it in the BASEMENT!! Her mum cant get down there because shes ill so she never see's it!!! P.s ... Sorry i havent been on for a while!!!