PDA

View Full Version : nibbles might get

fluffy nibbles
02-22-2011, 06:50 AM
Me and my daughter was thinking the tubes we saw is quite small nibbles is young but hes growing into a big healthy boy and we were thinking nibbles might get stuck and we might have to get the hoover out (we would never do that though):)also any ideas?:)

starrylight99
02-22-2011, 07:16 AM
First of all, what kind of hamster is Nibbles? And what kind of cage is he currently in? Knowing that could help determine if the tubes are too small, and if you might need to upgrade his cage.

I don't know much about cages available in the UK, but bin cages are always a nice, DIY, cheap alternative to a store-purchased cage.

Welcome to the forum!

fluffy nibbles
02-22-2011, 11:16 AM
nibbles is a syrian hamster pup and his cage is 17" across and 20" high with 2 tiers, it was suggested by the pet shop i bought nibbles from, but seeing other cages and reading up on this site im not happy with the size of our cage and is looking for a new one.
i understand bigger is better, perhaps someone could suggest a good size for an adult syrian.

wofunny
02-22-2011, 11:21 AM
The best sizes for a syrian is a Zoozone 1/2 (needs to be meshed), A Criceti 15, A Savic Hamster Heaven.

Welcome to the forum :)

Smysha
02-22-2011, 11:34 AM
A Duna Multy is the same size as the ZZ1 and doesn't need to be meshed. It's a great cage for a Syrian and it's what I use.

amyXlovesXhamstersX
02-22-2011, 11:37 AM
Welcome to HC :)
The cages Wofunny said are great and the Savic Ruffy 2, Ferplast Mary, bin cages and glass tanks are great too! :D

fluffy nibbles
02-22-2011, 07:36 PM
thanks everyone :)