PDA

View Full Version : Useful buy?

Emms
02-09-2007, 02:38 AM
http://www.surepets.co.uk/?gclid=CNHCgM ... gQodexKNqw (http://www.surepets.co.uk/?gclid=CNHCgMT9oIoCFQ8RgQodexKNqw)

Do you think this is worth buying? I am deliberating whether or not to buy this play pen, does anyone else have them and do you think they are good?

Emma x

*edit* sorry it seems to take you back to th home page, if you click on small animal prducts then hutches and playpens you will see a silver hamster or guinea pig playpen. :)

Jill Bayles
02-09-2007, 05:16 AM
I've seen these before, they are sometimes on ebay. There is one in Pets At Home for about the same price although I couldn't find it on their website.

I thought about getting one for Hammy but I decided against it as they don't seem very high and I worried that he might crawl out so I've decided just to stick with a large cardboard box or a big plastic crate...there are some huge ones in Wilko's. I've just bought one for a fiver which I'm going to use for the Megazorb. It has a lid and holds 80 litres so that will give you an idea of how big it is. I was going to get a big stand-up bin with a lid but they didn't hold as much. I think I'll go back and get another one this weekend. It's really deep too which means that he won't be able to climb out so he'll be safe in there and there's plenty of room for his toys so it will make an ideal playground for him.

Hope that helps x

souffle
02-09-2007, 08:35 AM
We have one but you must supervise as hamsters can climb out of them quite easily. In fact they never play in it they just play climbing out of it. Even babies can do it!!!! :lol:

babyboos
02-09-2007, 05:12 PM
Their sole aim in one of these playpens is to climb out sadly so I would save your pennies for more toys :lol: and put them in the bath with a old towel down on the bottom (plug in)

Emms
02-12-2007, 05:05 AM
Thank you, you've just saved me some money hehe! :) Twinkle loves to runa round the bath I put tubes and other toys in for her - she has a great time once she realises there is no way out :lol:

Emma x

babyboos
02-12-2007, 02:24 PM
Yeah my guys love the bath - they all get a go when I am doing cage clean outs (seperately of course) and you can shower it donw quickly and easily when they are finished playtime

Jill Bayles
02-16-2007, 08:05 AM
Hey what a wonderful idea!

Hammy will be in there tonight with some of his toys.

Aidan will love it and I will sit him down and explain to him that the taps must not be turned on and why...although he will remember the worries last weekend over the mop bucket during the "Great Escape" :lol: :arrow:

Will take some pics and post them up...any excuse for another photoshoot :x

Widowmaker
02-17-2007, 01:36 PM
Yeah, empty baths are great for excitable hamsters that want exercise!

When I clean mine out they get put in the bath with loo roll tubes and things to play with while I sort their cage out :D

babyboos
02-18-2007, 03:22 PM
look forward to the pictures Jill :wink: