PDA

View Full Version : Mini Duna by Ferplast ~ Review

DwarfNome
02-13-2011, 01:02 PM
This was my very first cage for my very first hamster (now passed) the cage still stands, even with all the complications.

Gate/Bars
After about 2 or 3 months of usage, the gate popped off. It still works, as I doubt any dwarf could push it open. I continued to use it and after two years there has been no escapes. Now I just use and old necklace attached to it so I can simply lift it open.
http://iaza.com/work/110214C/iaza16543020344700.jpg

Clip
Simple really, the clips end weirdly went in to the hamster area, and when I tried to push it back the plastic split.
http://iaza.com/work/110214C/iaza16543062263900.jpg

Wheel and Waterbottle
Useless as well. The wheel was attached to the floor, and that made the floor bobb up and down causing a terrible noise. The waterbottle was attached with suck things (cant recall what you call them atm) which leaves marks, looking extremely ugly. I replaced both of them.
http://iaza.com/work/110214C/iaza16543056696200.jpg

Floor
The floor is rocky and takes up space, I originally didn't put it in when I got my second ham. But my ham was used to being in a glass monter, and were desperate to look out, so I put it back. The ladder that came with it snapped off, so now my ham uses her house to climb up, but it seems to be working fine.
http://iaza.com/work/110214C/iaza16543092504200.jpg

http://iaza.com/work/110214C/iaza16543053065600.jpg

I give it a 2/5.

I only recommend this cage for taming and beginners.

I am currently working hard to get my hamham out of this wreck. Other people are seeming to have a good experience but I certainly have not. The lack of floor space is also very disturbing.

SnickersTheFirst
02-13-2011, 02:07 PM
I have found this cage quite good for my WW ham Oscar. He is scared by large spaces so this is perfect for him. Mind if I post some pics?
http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s320/Ronaldo2007_2007/DSCF0771600x450.jpg
http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s320/Ronaldo2007_2007/DSCF0776600x450.jpg
http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s320/Ronaldo2007_2007/DSCF0779600x450.jpg

I can fit quite a few toys in, I agree that the wheel was rubbish. So was the bottle, I replaced it but continued to use the suckers. I'd personally rate it 4/5

mangoandmimi
02-13-2011, 02:08 PM
Another thing i want to add, the clear plastic is raelly thin and cracks easily -.-

DawnM69
02-14-2011, 10:43 AM
I am quite surprised by this thread. I know we all experience different things but I currently have 4 of these cages with single winter whites in them. I have had no bother with them at all, find them really easy to clean and have managed to get quite a few toys in them too. I have however replaced the wheels with flying saucers. It wouldnt do for us all to be the same though and all hamsters have their own personalities so any feedback is always useful.

Dawn x

purple_x
02-19-2011, 02:35 PM
I have 1 of my winter whites in a mini duna and he loves it. I moved him to a zoo zone but he freaked out at the extra space.

I like the mini duna because it is so easy to clean, it looks nice, the extra shelf adds plenty of room for more toys and the base is a lovely size for lots of houses/toys/accessories.
I also like that the lid is all barred so you can hang toys from it.

I took the wheel out though and replaced it with a silent spinner.

SpecjalBradley
07-22-2011, 12:52 AM
I just brought a mini Duna for my Winter White im buying this weekend :) I cant wait! I need some good idea for toys in it thou, Currently only have a Willow teepee and a log like things with holes :L

racinghamster
07-22-2011, 04:37 AM
I have to be honest and say although cages like the Duna and the Rody and similarly sized habitats are good for new/young, nervous or even sick/elderly hamsters, I feel the size of the Gabber Rex/Zoozone 1 is much better size for a single dwarf hamster. I say this because most people would say it`s too big, when infact (and I`m looking at my own Gabber rex right now while typing this!) it`s not that much longer or wider than the Duna and you also need to realise that once the accessories are put in and plenty of substrate, the cage actually looks smaller. Especially if you put a shelving area inside.

I currently have a single chinese hamster in a Gabber Rex and she started out in a Savic Rody (similar to a Ferplast Duna but without the internal shelf) and I could`nt wait to give her a bigger cage because the Rody just seemed too cramped and limiting.

I have a Rody and a Gabber LUX as spare cages for clean outs and such, but having a Gabber Rex has made such a difference for my chinese and I would say to anyone considering a cage for a single dwarf to look at the bigger picture. That`s not knocking these smaller cages because they do serve a purpose well, but when there are slightly bigger alternatives out there, why not choose them?

Gizmodo ^_^
07-22-2011, 04:40 AM
I sort of agree racinghamster
i wouldn't keep a hamster in a mini duna, purely because my dwarfies all love their 70x40 cages! (gabber rex, zoozone1, imac bingo), and i can fit lots of toys in
Pip because way less nervous when i moved him from a duna to his bingo
some hamsters do love them though

SnickersTheFirst
07-22-2011, 05:19 AM
Bailey (Chinese) is now in the Duna as Oscar has been upgraded to an Imac Bingo. I see where RacingHamster is coming from but tbh with the shelf in the Duna, it ends up having just as much space as a ZZ1 or similar anyway. My dwarfies both enjoyed it.

Here's some recent pics for toy/set-up ideas:
http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s320/Ronaldo2007_2007/DSCF4425600x450.jpg
http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s320/Ronaldo2007_2007/DSCF4427600x450.jpg
http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s320/Ronaldo2007_2007/DSCF4428600x450.jpg

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s320/Ronaldo2007_2007/DSCF4278600x450.jpg

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s320/Ronaldo2007_2007/DSCF3802600x450.jpg

SnickersTheFirst
07-22-2011, 05:22 AM
I just brought a mini Duna for my Winter White im buying this weekend :) I cant wait! I need some good idea for toys in it thou, Currently only have a Willow teepee and a log like things with holes :L

Check out the pics I've posted; dwarfies LOVE sandbaths, Bailey likes his coconut toy and under the shelf I have deep bedding for him to dig in. :)

racinghamster
07-22-2011, 05:32 AM
Liking the pinkness Snickers! :mad: If I can be `critical` for a moment though (and once again just looking at the bigger picture here) in the Duna, all I see are lots of toys but not a great deal more. In terms of leg room, if you know what I mean? I find it hard even looking at my Gabber Rex here to imagine how cramped a Duna is with the same amount of accessories in it? Right now I have in the Rex:

A cardboard tea box (Prinny sleeps in this! :roll:
Half the plastic housing that comes with the gabber Rex (I cut this down and added a water bottle holder from my Savic Rody)
A half log ( Hubba Hut)
A large cork tunnel
Two toilet roll tubes
A cardboard egg box
A regular silent spinner wheel
A small ceramic food dish

All the above and I`m struggling to find space for a sand bath! And this is in a Gabber Rex! So given a tank this size holds all the above and gives a little extra running room in-between, the Zoozone 2 makes the Gabber Rex look like a Ferplast Duna! :mad:

DwarfNome
07-22-2011, 05:38 AM
Just thought I might update on my cage situation. Since writing this review I've attached a bin to the Mini Duna, and just having measured it, I'm surprised at the measurements. Not counting the tube, the cage is actually 1m in length! So Arrow does in fact have a ZooZone 2 sized cage now :D

http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/z435/DwarfNome/P5160676.jpg
The bin, for toy ideas:
http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/z435/DwarfNome/P5160678.jpg

SnickersTheFirst
07-22-2011, 05:41 AM
Obviously I could leave some toys out and there'd still be plenty of room, I can fit exactly the same amount of toys in the Duna with a shelf as I can in Oscar's Imac Bingo. Plus Bailey hates any open space, he's literally so terrified of anything. :mad: I mean Oscar adjusted to his bigger cage gradually but he didn't seem to like the space at first, I just feel as though Bailey would never settle in a 70x40cm cage.

I honestly feel he wouldn't use the space in a ZZ1 or similar which is why I decided not to upgrade even though I have the space. Oscar is just as active in the Imac as he was in the Duna so it made no odds to him either. :p

I mean I'm all for going for the biggest cage possible but I do feel a Duna is sufficient. :D

SpecjalBradley
07-22-2011, 05:42 AM
Thats pretty damn sexy ;) I forgot to mention the sand bath im just going to use the food bowl for it :L I know this sounds awful but are the hamsters from pets at home really bad or should i buy a Robo from there? I dont know where else sell them :o I want two Robo's Lol as you said there very friendly together and are small and cute. But are they good with being handled?

SnickersTheFirst
07-22-2011, 05:45 AM
Thats pretty damn sexy ;) I forgot to mention the sand bath im just going to use the food bowl for it :L I know this sounds awful but are the hamsters from pets at home really bad or should i buy a Robo from there? I dont know where else sell them :o I want two Robo's Lol as you said there very friendly together and are small and cute. But are they good with being handled?

Maybe we should discuss this on your other thread? As this is about cage reviews. :D

racinghamster
07-22-2011, 08:04 AM
Oh I certainly agree with you Snickers and I would use a Duna or a Rody or a LUX muself if needed, definately. It`s all about listening to your own hamsters needs and `quirks` and providing them with the cage that suits them best. I only upgraded Prinny because she`s not nervous or fearful, so I opted for the Gabber Rex, but if the next chinese hamster I have turns out to be the exact opposite in nature, then I would revert back to one of the smaller cages. :)

I really just wanted to put the point across that when you put a Duna beside a Gabber Rex or a Zoozone 1, the size difference is`nt all that different apart from five inches or so in length and a few in width and that is easily taken up with good planning inside the cage.

Hamtastic
07-22-2011, 08:18 AM
As a related note, some cages and enclosures are good as "stepping stones" to getting a hamster comfortable and possibly receptive to larger spaces. Lucy started out being terrified and living in a small area in her first cage for the first month and a half and gradually coming out more. I upgraded her twice to bigger and bigger enclosures, and it was definitely a slow progress to make her comfortable with it (she's happy to zoom around in a large aquarium now). If I had a MiniDuna to start her out in, I think she would have loved it.

Lucinda
07-22-2011, 08:38 AM
Both my hybrids are in mini dunas. They both seem perfectly happy with the space - but then again I work 9-5, meaning that in the evenings they get a lot of "out" time. The wheel was awful in both though, so just took that out! Here's a picture of both...

http://i51.tinypic.com/2lnu2ci.jpg

http://i54.tinypic.com/ofmyau.jpg

the second one has hanging toys, as she loves them so much...climbs up for monkey bars to wake me up ;P

Gizmodo ^_^
07-22-2011, 08:49 AM
Lovely Setups Lucinda!, they are very stimulating :), your hammies must love them ^^

Lucinda
07-22-2011, 02:06 PM
Thankyou Gizmodo :)

Pomegranate
07-23-2011, 01:12 AM
Here's Pie's current Mini Duna setup. :)

http://i691.photobucket.com/albums/vv273/dw_forget/pie-newtoysflash.jpg
He has: 8" Jnr Wodent wheel, coconut house, log bridge, willow teepee, ceramic sandbath, ceramic food bowl, chocolate orange box, and toilet roll inner. Then under the platform he has a large glass jar (which is his toilet), his open nest, and a grass nest.

I really like this as a spare 'keep in the shed just in case' kind of cage. The tank style and bar spacing on the top make it suitable for even the tiniest of hamsters, and it's handy for a transport cage, hospital cage, or a temporary play area while you're cleaning a hammy's main cage. It wouldn't be my first choice for a permanent home, I'm on the look out for a local second-hand ZZ1 or Duna Multy (70x40cm cages) for Pie which as well as having more space, would also have that bit more height allowing more room for substrate and digging possibilities. That said, the Mini Duna platform is much more useful than other cage platforms, being quite stable and a good size. (If they made a built-in platform for the Duna Multy in the same style that would be perfect.) With that in mind, it is a comfortable home for a single dwarf. :) I wouldn't recommend it for Syrians or groups of dwarves.
I'd give it 3/5.

Pros: Good minimum size with space for a number of toys, platform is large enough to be properly useful space, good access through the large top door for taming and spot-cleaning, very easy to clean, comes in several colours, quite cheap (normally around £20-30), easily available in the UK, just fits an 8" wheel if you're mean with the substrate, the platform and the wheel attachment are completely removable.
Cons: The water bottle holder with suction cups isn't secure and leaves ugly marks on the cage (Pie's water bottle is held on with velcro instead). Compared to Zoozones, the plastic itself is quite flimsy, and easily cracked. The hinge of the door weakens over time and the grill sometimes 'pops' out of the hinge when fully open. The wheel the cage comes with is too small even for dwarves; I'd recommend binning it. The house that also comes with the cage makes a good hidey hole for dwarves (my other dwarf has it as his toilet, it's very easy to clean), but the ventilation is poor and I wouldn't recommend it being used for actual nesting, especially in the summer.

Jennithefluffy1
07-31-2011, 06:52 AM
I got my pair of RC hammies 2 days ago from P@H and also got this cage as a holiday home for when I'm home from uni. Main problems I've found already being that the wheel is pretty small, and when they use it the entire platform rattles (not great when the cage is in your bedroom...) I managed to solve this by putting the supplied house underneath the platform though. Just until my silent spinner arrives =]
Another thing, the supplied water bottle works for about 5 mins when you put it in, and then stops working. Even when I push against it with my finger. Luckily I noticed after only a few hours when hammies started chewing at the spout and replaced with a standard red-topped one, but I think it's because there's two balls in it to prevent leaking and makes it more prone to blocking.
I'd also say there's not a whole lot of space, but should be fine as a holiday home/spare cage in case of fighting.
On the upside, the platform is good, and see-through so that you can check on hammies underneath. They've replaced the water bottle holder so it no longer leaves marks. And the opening hatch is nice and big so no squeezing your hands through.
It's also pretty nice to clean since you can take it all apart =]

CoolcatNatNat44
07-31-2011, 10:00 AM
I like your set up Pomegrante :D

Gizmo_Gonzalez
07-31-2011, 11:56 AM
My hamies seemed to enjoy their Feraplast when they moved into it together at 1st as it was twice the size of the one they were in at the pet shop which they shared with 4 other dwarfs! I change toy's in the cage and put new things in or burry mealworms and treats around in and under shavings to keep them entertained, however after 4months it's now too small as they are use to their play pen every night and the run of the house in a ball. I've had to get another home so they have a cage each to stop the fighting. it's a nice cage for a beginner like myself or for one elderly dwarf but really the bigger floor space the better.

I must say though mine seem to enjoy running up the ladder and jumping off the 1st floor onto the ground floor. Gonzalez is a little daredevil and enjoys jumping off things. (Scary to watch the 1st time i saw it!)

Pomegranate
07-31-2011, 12:43 PM
I like your set up Pomegrante :D

Thanks! :D Pie seems to as well, but I'll feel better when he's got more room. :)

Hamtastic
07-31-2011, 11:08 PM
Pie's cage looks very cozy, Pomegranate. I'd live in it :D I like all the sunny colors, and the chocolate orange box fits.

Nagrom
08-01-2011, 12:33 AM
I really like the mini Duna as a single dwarf housing option.Sadly they are very rare in SA so getting them is quite a task,Iv even got ahold of Ferplast Head office and there's only one place in SA that sells them and they cost the equivelent of €70 so that's rather steep.So I have been useing tanks as housing,but do plan to buy one someday.I do tend to agree with racingHamster with 70x40 cages being much better,I would always try give atleast that as a min to any hamster.But saying that some hamsters do better with less space,My one dwarf loves space and each time I upgrade him he just loves it,Then his brother hates space I had to move him back into a smaller cage because he completely change when he went into the larger space.So I rate it's up to the owner to fine which suits each hamster best,But I do believe larger cages must always atleast be tried.

Gizmo_Gonzalez
08-01-2011, 09:07 AM
I really like the mini Duna as a single dwarf housing option.Sadly they are very rare in SA so getting them is quite a task,Iv even got ahold of Ferplast Head office and there's only one place in SA that sells them and they cost the equivelent of €70 so that's rather steep.So I have been useing tanks as housing,but do plan to buy one someday.I do tend to agree with racingHamster with 70x40 cages being much better,I would always try give atleast that as a min to any hamster.But saying that some hamsters do better with less space,My one dwarf loves space and each time I upgrade him he just loves it,Then his brother hates space I had to move him back into a smaller cage because he completely change when he went into the larger space.So I rate it's up to the owner to fine which suits each hamster best,But I do believe larger cages must always atleast be tried.

It's a shame you can't get hold of a mini duna. Mine has just upgraded to that from another feraplast and he loves it. They're in every pet shop around me. Have you considered making a bin cage?

Sassy
02-17-2012, 12:19 PM
Just thought I might update on my cage situation. Since writing this review I've attached a bin to the Mini Duna, and just having measured it, I'm surprised at the measurements. Not counting the tube, the cage is actually 1m in length! So Arrow does in fact have a ZooZone 2 sized cage now :D

The bin, for toy ideas:
http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/z435/DwarfNome/P5160678.jpg:rolleyes:

Hi i know this is an old thred but i have a mina duna cage for my syirian but i want to extend it how did you get the hole in the side was it easy? thanks

kyrilliondaemon
02-17-2012, 12:41 PM
Sassy - One (expensive) option is to get the extension kit, turn it into a duna fun and use the tubes from that. Sadly that option is expensive, since the kits cost about £20 alone and are only avaliable from one place where you have to email and ask and then order by phone. (I actually think they took the parts from duna fun cages and are selling the remains as mini-duna cages lol)
I think the general idea is just to cut it, but I'm not brave enough to try it.

Lougarry
02-17-2012, 12:41 PM
Ellie's no longer on HC, Sassy.

Lougarry
02-17-2012, 12:42 PM
(I've seen a few people say they've marked out a circle of the right size for a connector on their bin then use a heated craft knife to cut out the shape.)

LauM
05-16-2012, 09:10 AM
I use one of these cages for two mice and have had no real bother with it. It's easy to clean out and not too small. I replaced the wheel on day one with a flying saucer as the wheel scraped on the floor. The house that came with it seems to have no ventilation but the mice use it as a toilet and don't sleep in there anyway.
I haven't had any problems with the water bottle either.

Kirsty1987
05-22-2012, 11:09 AM
I also have this cage and think its great plenty of room for his toys, only problem i have with it is the wheel its to close to the floor so my hamster cant run in it as it touches the bottom and its stuck so i cant get the wheel off. Can anyone recommend a wheel i can get for it thats big enough for a syrian?

StarlightSerenity
05-22-2012, 11:13 AM
The Mini Duna isn't big enough for a Syrian Kirsty, they need something that's at least roughly 80cm x 50cm. I don't think you will be able to fit a wheel big enough for a Syrian in one either. Maybe an 8inch one would fit but a lot of Syrians outgrow even 8inch ones it seems.

Charley101
05-22-2012, 11:13 AM
Do you have a syrian in a mini duna, Kirsty? I personally think it is too small and should only be used for single dwarfs. If you need an 11 wheel there is no way it is going to fit in there i'm afraid :(

You should ideally have a minimum of a 70cm x 40cm cage for a syrian at least.

Kirsty1987
05-22-2012, 11:34 AM
His cage is 50cm by 35cm which is big compared to the tiny thing he was cramped in in the pet store. I would prefer to get him something much bigger but due to living in a room with limited space this is the biggest i could get for the time being but when i move in a few months i plan on getting something much bigger so dont worry its only i temp thing but he seems happy with it, apart from the wheel that comes with it is not suitable. Was thinking of getting the 11in wodent wheel but not sure if it would fit in the duna?

Michelle89
05-22-2012, 11:40 AM
An 11inch one wont fit but an 8inch Wonderland Exercise Wheel: Great Small Pet Accessories at zooplus (http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/small_pets/accessories/exercise_wheels/125485) will as i tried sheldons wheel in sanibels house, if you dont have too much substrate under it itl fit fine ..it will at least do until you upgrade to a larger cage and is better than the wheel that comes with the duna. xxx

Kirsty1987
05-22-2012, 11:47 AM
Thanks this is the cage i would love to get for him buts a bit pricey at £87.99 https://www.petplanet.co.uk/product.asp?dept_id=748&pf_id=59339
or do you have any suggestions on cages that are a good size and not to pricey suitable for a syrian he is young and still growing so i know i need something much bigger x

StarlightSerenity
05-22-2012, 11:52 AM
Wow, thats expensive! There are a load of cheaper cages out there. Here's a couple -

Hamster Cage Igor Fuchsia at zooplus (http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/small_pets/hutches_cages/hamster_cages/hamster_cages/233010)
Great deals on small pet cages at zooplus: Small Pet Cage Alexander (http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/small_pets/hutches_cages/hamster_cages/hamster_cages/174238) (almost a tenner cheaper but 30cm longer)

You can get the zooplus stuff cheaper on their german site :)

Couple more...

Cages : Hamster Sky Metro Deluxe Cage by Savic FREE DELIVERY : www.EquineCanineFeline.com the place to buy all your Pet Products, Horse Products and Pet Supplies online (http://www.equinecaninefeline.com/catalog/hamster-metro-deluxe-cage-savic-free-delivery-p-6746.html)
Cages : Kevin 82 Extra Narrow Bar Hamster & Mouse Cage : www.EquineCanineFeline.com the place to buy all your Pet Products, Horse Products and Pet Supplies online (http://www.equinecaninefeline.com/catalog/kevin-extra-narrow-hamster-mouse-cage-p-12538.html)

This one is a great size and price - Rat Cages : Savic Ruffy 2 Large Rat / Hamster Cage FREE DELIVERY : www.EquineCanineFeline.com the place to buy all your Pet Products, Horse Products and Pet Supplies online (http://www.equinecaninefeline.com/catalog/savic-ruffy-large-hamster-cage-free-delivery-p-6747.html)

Kirsty1987
05-22-2012, 11:59 AM
WOW i love the alexander one its massive a very good for £80 but cant see where you can attach a big enough wheel without taking some of the stuff out but will definatly look into getting one at the end of the month :) Thanks for the help

Kissa
05-22-2012, 12:34 PM
WOW i love the alexander one its massive a very good for £80 but cant see where you can attach a big enough wheel without taking some of the stuff out but will definatly look into getting one at the end of the month :) Thanks for the help

It's about £60 if you feel like navigating the German zooplus to buy it ;) Aside from the fact the site is all in German, it's the same as using the UK site, but bizarrely less money. It's what I'm planning to get when I get myself a Syrian :D

Kirsty1987
05-22-2012, 12:42 PM
Or you can just click translate to english and make it easier to navigate :) but im stuck between 3 cages i have found so going to make a post with a link to all 3 and ask people for the reviews on the cages

Juice
05-22-2012, 03:29 PM
Kirsty, just had a look on Amazon and they have the ferplast duna fun large for £56

Shell
05-22-2012, 03:42 PM
I actually like the mini-duna. Admittedly we've only had it just over a week and we've got a young hybrid living in there.

That said, I have just bought the Duna-Fun conversion kit which arrived tonight (Yay!!) and it makes a massive difference to the space provided.

I can't see me changing his cage for a good while now.

nala
05-30-2012, 07:32 AM
hi! where did you buy the conversion kit. and what it is? could you explain or put a picture up of the things you got with it. im so confused. i need the wire section for my mini duna fun dont know where to buy it. youd be much help! thanks :D:D

Shell
05-30-2012, 09:53 AM
Hello, it's basically the wire section in the middle, connection tube and extra shelf that I got.

I got it off EquineFelineCanine as they'd had a Duna-Fun returned with a broken lid so were just selling off the parts they could I think.

Worth having a look in their 'Offers' section or giving them a call as I'm not sure that it's readily available as a kit from Ferplast

FlyLikeAValkyrie
08-07-2012, 01:32 PM
This thread surprises me! I am currently using a mini duna for my syrian (though looking to purchase a bigger cage soon) but she seems to like the cage! Because she is only 12 weeks she is perfectly fine in the cage and I even have quite a few toys in with her! I've had no problems with this cage and seems to be one of the best cages I have used, despite being a little on the small side!

GhostsInSnow
08-09-2012, 09:16 AM
Although I wouldn't use it for a Syrian, I did have this cage for my three mice and they lived quite happily in it. The only reason I changed it was because they love to climb, however, the wheel never worked and the water bottle gave up whilst I was at work so that could've been quite bad. I'd use it for a single dwarf maybe. I do think it's a good cage, i just think the stuff it comes with is a bit disappointing.

FlyLikeAValkyrie
08-28-2012, 07:38 AM

The bin, for toy ideas:
http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/z435/DwarfNome/P5160678.jpg

I'd like to actually connect my Duna to another cage aswell...how were you able to get the tubes into the duna?? I am clueless! diy not my strong point :p

kyrilliondaemon
08-28-2012, 02:55 PM
I'm afraid that DwarfNome is no longer on the site. You can get tubes connected that way by cutting a hole in the mini duna. Or you can connect tubes via the lid with a cage connector/adaptor plate in which case you cut the bars and attatch it.

FlyLikeAValkyrie
08-28-2012, 03:04 PM
I'm afraid that DwarfNome is no longer on the site. You can get tubes connected that way by cutting a hole in the mini duna. Or you can connect tubes via the lid with a cage connector/adaptor plate in which case you cut the bars and attatch it.

Thank youu :)

Lougarry
08-28-2012, 11:56 PM
Or you could buy the Duna Fun conversion kit (from Emerson Pets Online) which has connector holes in it.