PDA

View Full Version : Another new person saying Hi

Widowmaker
02-03-2007, 05:01 AM
Hi all... I joined here after seeing links on the Fancy Rat forums and thought I might as well sign up as I have a couple of Russian hammies and will be taking delivery of 2 more next week through the FR forum. They're in Surrey and they're going to be transported all the way up to Yorkshire for me! :shock:

My current hammies:
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y176/Lawless78/hamsters.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y176/Lawless78/hamster2.jpg

And as soon as I move to a bigger place in a few months I'll be on the lookout for a Syrian or two :D Hamsters rule.

SnuggleHam
02-03-2007, 05:31 AM
Hamsters do rule! :lol: Welcome to the forum Widow :) Its nice to have you with us! Your Campbells are adorable and the last picture is lovely, so crisp and clear! I look forward to seeing more pictures and hearing about your little ham friends :)

Widowmaker
02-03-2007, 05:56 AM
Not bad for a camera phone, is it :lol:

They are very cute little things.. not entirely sure about age as i got them from someone who was offering them "free to a good home" as loads of hers started breeding and she really didn't seem to have much of a clue with them. I think they'll be about 10 or 11 months. She was terrified of them and she was picking them up wearing a big glove :roll:

I can't wait to get my new rescue babies next weekend... one of them was taken to an RSPCA and one was left in a rubbish bin outside :evil: and luckily was discovered by someone. They get on really well together apparently so I'm looking forward to giving them a happy home :)

Sarah x

Hana
02-03-2007, 09:10 AM
Hello! Lovely pictures, yes there very good for a camera phone :D

suga
02-03-2007, 10:20 AM
Welcome :-) - they are cute looking hamsters you have there...

Widowmaker
02-03-2007, 10:29 AM
Don't be fooled! They don't like anybody except me :lol:

They tolerate being looked after by my friend when I go away but if anyone tries to touch them/stroke them/generally be in their vicinity they get a bit, er, bitey :shock:

They're so cute and gentle with me though, and love coming out for cuddles and strokes. Strange creatures.

suga
02-03-2007, 10:36 AM
Wow! At least you know your getting all their love then - my hamsters would walk away with a stranger, for a tasty treat. No loyalty LOL :-P

racinghamster
02-03-2007, 12:09 PM
Hi there! Are you getting the russians from kitkat? I`m on fancy rats too! :wink:

Your Campbells are lovely wee things. I have a winter white called Scooby and two roborovski. You`ll love being a member on here. x

souffle
02-03-2007, 03:00 PM
Your hammies are gorgeous. Welcome to you and glad you found us. You are in the right place for a syrian! Sue Kilburn, secretary of the Northern Hamster Club and Flattop Hamstery who won Top syrian shower of the year lives in Barnsley! There is a Northern Show in Mapplewell on 17th Feb. Why not bring your hammies along?

Holly
02-03-2007, 03:54 PM
Hi and welcome from me, you have two very cute hamsters :)

Rach
02-03-2007, 04:20 PM
Welcome to the forum! I don't know much about dwarves but those two are really cute, like Holly said. :D Good luck with your new hamsters too!

Widowmaker
02-03-2007, 06:35 PM
Sue Kilburn, secretary of the Northern Hamster Club and Flattop Hamstery who won Top syrian shower of the year lives in Barnsley! There is a Northern Show in Mapplewell on 17th Feb. Why not bring your hammies along?

Really?! Wow!! That's great to know of someone so close to me :)

And thanks to everyone giving lovely compliments to my babies.. they'll be getting big heads soon :lol: I'm very tempted to make further enquiries about the Mapplewell show and I might have a couple of friends who'd be interested in going along as well.

Yes, I'm getting the rescue Russians from KitKat :D I can't wait to get them :D They're adorable.

souffle
02-04-2007, 04:09 AM
Here is a link to Northern Hamster Club

http://www.northernhamsterclub.com/

Click on shows then you can read the schedule with all the details for Mapplewell :lol:

Widowmaker
02-04-2007, 04:53 AM
Ooh thank you! That's brilliant. :)

I can't take my hammies to that one as I don't drive but I might go along on the bus to have a look and see what happens at these shows.. I never been to one before :shock:

pophammy
02-04-2007, 07:21 AM
Hi and welcome to the forum! Your hammies are really cute!

Intense125
02-04-2007, 08:59 AM
Welcome to you and your beautiful hammies!! If you ever need advice or just want to chit chat about them, this is definitely the 8) place to be!!