PDA

View Full Version : A Poll about Polls!

souffle
02-02-2011, 04:22 AM
After the glitch with last months photo competition I said that future polls would be public.
I have however now been thinking about this and I thought it best to seek the opinions of our members as to what you would prefer and any comments.
Please vote on the poll for whether you would like future polls to be PRIVATE - where nobody can see what each person voted for or PUBLIC - where your name will be placed against your vote choice.
I appreciate any comments too :)
Thanks

WinterbellHams
02-02-2011, 04:31 AM
Oh I feel like this is my fault now. :( I am sorry.. I voted for public..

oops... I meant to but accidentally clicked private.. I don't do early mornings. Ugh..

stellanova1
02-02-2011, 05:32 AM
I voted public but I really dont mind either way!

Hope
02-02-2011, 06:05 AM
I dont mind either way too :-) It doesnt really bother me.

My olny concern it that it may put some off voting all together if they know that their vote can be viewed . . . ?

If it makes it easier though so that people can see whats going on then thats fine with me!

Gillzy
02-02-2011, 08:29 AM
What are the reasons for wanting to do it publicly - the glitch,what was this? Just so I can make an educated vote :) My only worry with voting publicly is that people might feel bad for not voting for other hamsters, and then feel the need to justify it, which of course isn't necessary.

jadalmation
02-02-2011, 08:39 AM
i think public would be interesting :) being able to see who voted for your hamster etc... :D

Hope
02-02-2011, 09:22 AM
What are the reasons for wanting to do it publicly - the glitch,what was this? Just so I can make an educated vote :) My only worry with voting publicly is that people might feel bad for not voting for other hamsters, and then feel the need to justify it, which of course isn't necessary.

The hamster of the month competition accidentally got closed a day early, the 30th instead of the 31st - easy mistake to make. As soon as it was noticed the poll was reopened, then closed at the correct time. The problem occured as the winner when it was first closed was different to the winner when it was closed at the right time - if that makes sense?!

Gillzy
02-02-2011, 09:35 AM
But how would public voting help to solve that problem? :/

Hope
02-02-2011, 09:41 AM
To show there wasnt anything going on, like for example it closing early to make a certain entry the winner.

Gillzy
02-02-2011, 09:53 AM
Ooo. Sorry, I'm clearly so innocent that the thought of cheating didn't even enter my mind. :)

SnickersTheFirst
02-02-2011, 10:06 AM
I voted public, I think it would be fairer that way. :D

suga
02-02-2011, 10:44 AM
Souffle - my personal opinion is that it should be private because I wouldn't want people to know which photo I have voted for but will go with the majority opinion. I don't think it would put me off it was a public vote, just my preference.

amyXlovesXhamstersX
02-02-2011, 10:48 AM
I voted public too, but i think some people might not want to vote if other people can see who they voted for... Wouldnt really put me off but maybe other people?

MandyP
02-02-2011, 11:02 AM
It doesnt bother me :) I am happy to go with either way :)

katie123
02-02-2011, 11:07 AM
It doesn't bother me either, I think we all love the cutest hammies that we go for our favourite hamster not who has posted the picture. The only thing is when we put a picture on are we allowed to vote for our own picture or not?

Smysha
02-02-2011, 11:08 AM
Private - purely on principle!

souffle
02-02-2011, 11:13 AM
We do ask that you do not vote for your own hamster katie. Everyone thinks their own hamster is the cutest obviously but if everyone only voted for their own hamster then we would most likely have a lot of hamsters tied with one vote and it means that you are not voting for the pic belonging to someone else which you like best. In a private poll you could of course vote for your own hamster if you really wanted to.

katie123
02-02-2011, 11:16 AM
Thanks Souffle I guessed that would be the case.

mangoandmimi
02-02-2011, 12:52 PM
i voted public :) thought it would be interesting to see who voted who but i dont really mind ;D

Iluvhamsters
02-02-2011, 03:33 PM
I'd rather keep it private, that way I don't upset anyone by not voting for their hamster.

KatiePillow
02-02-2011, 03:38 PM
I'd rather keep it private, that way I don't upset anyone by not voting for their hamster.

I feel the same way.
I don't like public votes really. People tend to get hurt ( I know it's only about hamsters..but it's the principle)
I don't think anybody would cheat at it tbh..but I guess the vote decides.

SnickersTheFirst
02-03-2011, 12:35 AM
It wouldn't bother most people to make it public as they often post what they voted for anyway. It would be fairer in the Hamster of the month competitions aswell. :D

wofunny
02-03-2011, 01:17 AM
I'm not too bothered, but I am slightly moving towards public :)

souffle
03-01-2011, 05:16 AM
Thanks for you comments and voting. Due to to closeness of the poll and what people would like we are going to make alternate months private and public as that is fair to everyone :)
Hope you find that acceptable.

Gillzy
03-01-2011, 08:10 AM
I actually found I didn't dislike the public vote as much as I thought I would... :/