PDA

View Full Version : Apples has officially reached "chubster" status

starrylight99
02-01-2011, 05:39 PM
Applesauce is pudgy! He put on a lot of weight while he was sick, since he had limited wheel time and the medicine had a sweetener in it. You can see how tubby he is compared to his brother. Chaos can't even move the wheel when Apples is sitting in it!

5ThzsmvNYPU

Note: They don't live together anymore. They were separated while Apples was sick, and its obvious Chaos likes living on his own more, so we decided to keep them apart. Their cages are very close and they still get supervised playtime together, but we always watch for aggression. They never fight, but I thought Apples was biting at Chaos in the wheel, so I grabbed him away. He was just sniffing, though...

Bonus: Watch through to the end to see Chaos take a roll!

Womblehands
02-01-2011, 05:46 PM
:) this has really cheered me up... I love how chubby Applesauce is and his brother Chaos trying to run in the wheel is fab!!! and i agree it did look like he was giving his brother a nip...

I can imagine Chaos singing.. he ain't heavy... he's my brother....

starrylight99
02-01-2011, 05:55 PM
:) this has really cheered me up... I love how chubby Applesauce is and his brother Chaos trying to run in the wheel is fab!!! and i agree it did look like he was giving his brother a nip...

I can imagine Chaos singing.. he ain't heavy... he's my brother....

Ha yeah thats why I grabbed him so quickly, because I was afraid he was biting him. But if he had, I know Chaos would have whipped around and bopped him on the head, or jumped out of the wheel. Next time, I'll put two wheels in there for playtime. They've never drawn blood or even gotten into any major fights, but now that they're separated, we always keep a really close eye on them. Usually they ignore each other.

Gillzy
02-01-2011, 06:20 PM
Aww that's a great vid!! They're very cute together :)

Hope
02-02-2011, 06:15 AM
A warm welcome to the chubster crew! :D

Debbie
02-02-2011, 03:52 PM
Very, very cute!!!!

laura
02-10-2011, 02:17 PM
awww, i love how tubby apples is! I like that you can have them play together still, too. That's nice. :=]

starrylight99
02-10-2011, 03:45 PM
awww, i love how tubby apples is! I like that you can have them play together still, too. That's nice. :=]

It is nice, though I wouldn't ever recommend it. They seem to enjoy seeing each other for playtime, they groom each other and snuggle together, but we're always watching them carefully. If any fights ever happened, I would never let them out together again. I think they are a very rare exception to the rule.

RachK
02-10-2011, 04:33 PM
I'm so pleased that Apples is better but oh my he is definitely a member of the Chubster Crew now.
Sad that they can't live together anymore but great that they have playtimes.

starrylight99
02-10-2011, 04:51 PM
I'm so pleased that Apples is better but oh my he is definitely a member of the Chubster Crew now.
Sad that they can't live together anymore but great that they have playtimes.

That's partially also because Chaos is so incredibly tiny. Everything looks massive next to him! At the vets Apples weighed about 50 grams. I assume that's a little above normal, but I really have no idea. But Chaos is just so teeny, you can really feel the weight difference when you hold them.

I think they could live together again if we were patient and re-introduced them slowly. They never fought and were only separated while Apples was sick. But it seemed unfair to let them live alone in their big cages for 5 weeks, and then try and get them to share space again. We decided not to even try.