PDA

View Full Version : Young thing ;)

mangoandmimi
01-28-2011, 11:40 AM
Picking up our little newbie tomorrow :mrgreen: though still havent decided on a name..
only thing is, how old usually are russians allowed to be rehomed? i thought 6 weeks? :confused: is 4 weeks a tad young?

SarahJ
01-28-2011, 11:48 AM
ooooo new hammie :) yayness

hmmm yeah i think 4 weeks is a lil to young to be rehomed, im like you and think 6 weeks is the youngest they should be rehomed

amyXlovesXhamstersX
01-28-2011, 12:15 PM
Oooh, exitingness!
I think 4 weeks is just a little bit too young, isnt 5 weeks the youngest? Thats what ruby was when i got her :)

MandyP
01-28-2011, 12:29 PM
Bet you are very excited :) I also thought it was 6 - 8 weeks.

mangoandmimi
01-28-2011, 12:41 PM
Yeh i think 7 weeks personally... but when we went to see them (so ickly cuttee!) they were 2 weeks and we saw them 2 weeks ago :L
Hmm...
i remember how small my babies were at 4 weeks i'd never let them go to new homes that young :L
Oh well will see how they are tomorrow =) Yahh i'm so excited ^_^

internet_nobody
01-28-2011, 12:44 PM
4 weeks is too young, it should be 5 weeks as an absolute minimum. Animals need to be a certain age past weaning (I can't remember off the top of my head) but it's longer than a week. Doesn't sound like a very responsible breeder :(

mangoandmimi
01-28-2011, 12:54 PM
according to her gumtree ad,
Russian hamster Small Furries for Sale Parkstone Bournemouth (http://bournemouth.gumtree.com/bournemouth/06/71802406.html)
shes dun some college thing :L

i was so surprised when i asked wen theyd be ready (was originally the 9th or summin) - and she said the 2nd of feb. Now its not even feb yet! :L
Gonna go see them, i think i'd rather leave him with them and pick him up 3 weeks later :)

internet_nobody
01-28-2011, 12:56 PM
They really do benefit from staying with their siblings/parents a little longer.

Is there any reason you're not getting a pair?

mangoandmimi
01-28-2011, 12:59 PM
Well... the last thing we really need right now, is needing to separate them :P If anything happens between Pip and Pop then i'd be able to separate easily but not any more :P
But, they can live happily alone, right? i mean we would give them loadsa attention and all :)