PDA

View Full Version : Hello Everyone

Jill Bayles
01-26-2007, 07:17 AM
Hi I'm new here and am presently hamsterless, although not for long I hope!

This will open up a whole new world for me as I've never had a hamster before but my 6 year-old son Aidan has persuaded me that this is the way forward so here goes! We're ready in terms of commitment and homework so all that is left to be done is to find and choose one! We're both very excited about this!

I've PM'd pophammy for some help so until I get one I'll content myself with reading the threads here in the hope of extending my knowledge of the hamster world.

Bye for now.

SnuggleHam
01-26-2007, 07:24 AM
Welcome to hamster central Jill! glad you have joined us! You and your son must be very excited about getting a hamster! Do you know what kind of hamster you want to get? Syrians are often the best for first time hamster owners.

I hope to see you around the forum, and please ask any questions you might have!

souffle
01-26-2007, 08:24 AM
Welcome to the forum and how exciting about the hammie! Where are you in the UK. This is Pophammies mum! She will be in touch asap.

Hana
01-26-2007, 09:36 AM
Hello!
Hope you get a little ham soon they are so lovely to have around :D

Jill Bayles
01-26-2007, 10:39 AM
Welcome to the forum and how exciting about the hammie! Where are you in the UK. This is Pophammies mum! She will be in touch asap.

Hi there!

We're in County Durham, so only a little way up the road really!

I'll wait to hear more and thanks for getting in touch so quickly!

Jill Bayles
01-26-2007, 10:43 AM
Welcome to hamster central Jill! glad you have joined us! You and your son must be very excited about getting a hamster! Do you know what kind of hamster you want to get? Syrians are often the best for first time hamster owners.

I hope to see you around the forum, and please ask any questions you might have!

Hi SnuggleHam,

Yes a Syrian is the hamster we want...I've done my homework well!

Thanks for your offer of help, I may well need to take it up soon!

Jill Bayles
01-26-2007, 10:47 AM
Hello!
Hope you get a little ham soon they are so lovely to have around :D

Hi Hana

We can't wait for the new addition to our family now! I've spent so much time pondering and making sure that we've made the right choice but now the decision has been made I just want to get on and choose one, as does Aidan.

I'm sure that our hamster, when we get one, will bring us both lots of pleasure.

souffle
01-26-2007, 01:32 PM
Pophammy and I are looking forward to meeting Gill and Aiden at the Bradford Show tomorrow with a view to introducing them to some baby hamsters our friends may have available :wink: :wink:

SnuggleHam
01-26-2007, 01:33 PM
Thats it, smoo and I need to move to the UK so we could attend all these shows with you guys! :lol:

suga
01-27-2007, 10:19 AM
Welcome to HC. Hope you guys find a suitable hammy to look after. Looking forward to seeing some flicks when it arrives.

pophammy
01-28-2007, 06:44 AM
Well, we had a lovely time at the show yesterday and met up with Jill and Aidan. We introduced them to our friend who has a litter of baby hamsters and hopefully they can arrange to collect one! :D

Jill Bayles
01-31-2007, 08:01 PM
Rather belated I know...tsk...it was lovely to meet you both and also Cathy...think I've said that before...in another thread...we've already got the bug for shows and are hoping to go to the one you told us about in Barnsley. We had a lovely day out. I just wish we could have stayed until the end but Aidan was getting a little grumpy and missing his playstation...that rules his life at the minute but "Hammy" is about to change all that :!:

No doubt we'll see you in March :D

Minicooper
02-09-2007, 08:43 AM
Welcome :D

babyboos
02-09-2007, 04:37 PM
Welcome to hamster Central
Trust your instincts when it comes to a hamster, invariably there will be one who actually ends up choosing you.

Can't wait to meet your hammy, bet you feel the same.