PDA

View Full Version : Play Fighting..

louisbs
01-24-2011, 05:52 AM
Hi peeps,

Watched last night my chinese's wrestle.. neither came out the winner.. there was no biting or signs of real aggression.
Just a little bit of chasing and rolling around. Then they were just running on the wheels as usual lol
They are brothers and have been together for the past year :)
Is this anything to worry about??

Louis

SarahJ
01-24-2011, 06:09 AM
I would keep a very close eye on them as my chineses started doing this then it turned nasty.

Is this normal behaviour for them?

louisbs
01-24-2011, 06:29 AM
I've watched and heard them chase each other. Neither seems to be the dominant one though.
The squeaking can be quite alarming sometimes causing me to be woken a 3am, id get up to see them just sat calmly or on there wheels.
I check there condition every time its sunflower seed time, they climb the bars.
So could it be just a matter of time? :(

louisbs
01-24-2011, 12:03 PM
Very odd critters lol
me being worried.
They have been sleeping in the same house.
Sat in a cosy pocket together.
Started chasing each other again, stopped and started grooming each other.
http://oi55.tinypic.com/s4c7cx.jpg
^^ damn i regret not knowing to plasticote the shelves :(
http://oi53.tinypic.com/jkizxw.jpg

Look at there little faces :)

Hope
01-25-2011, 09:34 AM
Squeee!! How cute - those little faces could never mean any harm!

Gillzy
01-25-2011, 10:03 AM
Aw, they're adorable! ^_^

louisbs
02-04-2011, 01:51 PM
:(
So for the past few nights.. there have been heightened levels of squeaking :(
Then today.. Tom wanted to goto the bottom floor and got nipped on the leg by jerry.. he limped a little but no visual damage was caused and he seems ok now.. final straw for me! :(

Sooo...
Here is toms new luxury home... The 130l bin i was holding onto just incase.
Put in his old house with same bedding.

http://i56.tinypic.com/2cqodmo.jpg

How long will he take to settle in?? He's already left his house more than usual.
Is that odd toy ok for him too? don't want him getting stuck in it.

He's a shy little fellow which probably wasn't helped by his bully brother.

Vectis Hamstery
02-04-2011, 02:28 PM
Lucky Tom, I'm sure he'll be happier by himself now. I think you've done the right thing.

louisbs
02-04-2011, 02:35 PM
I don't think tom has been getting his fair share of the food. hence he has lots of noms waiting for him when he gets up.
Will settling into his new bin cage be long?
Id like to try and interact with him a little. When with jerry he shy'd away and hid :(

Gillzy
02-04-2011, 02:57 PM
Def, done the right thing, especially if he seems happier :)

louisbs
02-04-2011, 03:40 PM
Hope so :)
Once i see him get a little podgier and more outgoing.. Ill know i have done the right thing :)

louisbs
02-04-2011, 04:15 PM
The little guy has left his house and is now exploring :D

louisbs
02-05-2011, 03:56 PM
Once hes settled.. What are the chances of turning his life around to be less shy? :o

Iluvhamsters
02-07-2011, 05:17 AM
It's really hard to say, some hamsters will become more outgoing once seperated from their companion, others will remain shy. Lets hope Tom is one of the ones that becomes friendlier :)

louisbs
02-22-2011, 11:37 AM
Well tom is scared to hell of me :(
Hes a year old now.. Is he set for life.. or is there a little way i can turn him around.

racinghamster
02-24-2011, 10:23 AM
Louisbs, could it be that it`s because you are approaching him from above? If he`s used to being in a large, barred cage, he may see you looming over the tub he`s now in and this is making him flee? Might be better to look for a wee Duna or Rody tank for him? Or even a barred cage off ebay? It would probably help. Tubs/Rubs are fine, but when you have a shy hamster, it`s better to have them where they are at eye level with easy access for yourself. A BIN cage is always accessed from above.

Just a thought....

louisbs
02-24-2011, 02:08 PM
Ya it was just a panic when i saw it happen.
Only thing i had ready.
And i was a bit upset to see the little guy get hurt :(