PDA

View Full Version : Hamster's secret stash areas.

SnuggleHam
01-21-2007, 01:26 PM
The way hamsters horde away food is sometimes really cute or really annoying. I found that out today! I was doing some cleaning rounds and focusing on the hamster cages. I started with the dwarf hamsters and when I got to Cupcake's cage I noticed that almost the entire bottom of her cage was covered in food! Perfectly edible food!

I was pretty much scatter feeding her with about a teaspoon of food each night before bed. She would be up and running around all crazy waiting for it, and would practically crawl up my hand for it. As if she was starving :lol:

Bah, all that food gone to waste. If I vanished for a week she would have been able to survive off of everything she had hidden around her cage!:roll:

Gwen's cage got a cleaning, so of course shes rearranging her house and deciding where she wants her nest to be this time around. While I had her out she managed to stuff some extra treats her her pouches and then found some more fresh food when I placed her back in the clean tank. Later that afternoon I happened to notice her secret food stash! I couldnt help but take pictures, it was so cute. Just look how neatly piled she has it in her corner lol

I have to say I like this arrangement. If she keeps it like this I can peek by the corner of the glass tank and see if she really needs more food in her bowl or not lol

http://www.hamstercentral.com/images/myhammies/hamsterstash.jpg
Later I was fortunate to catch her munching on some of her stash to complete the picture segment :) So cute. I think that light colored pink thing behind her paws and nose is a yogurt drop :lol: Im surprised she saved it that long!

Hana
01-21-2007, 01:29 PM
Aww so cute! I love the "late afternoon snack" one :lol:

SnuggleHam
01-21-2007, 01:33 PM
Aww so cute! I love the "late afternoon snack" one :lol:

Considering hamsters sleep during that day, Gwens snack must be pretty much like our late night midnight snacks lol

souffle
01-22-2007, 09:37 AM
Awww the tissue looks like a little sleeping bag. :lol:

babyboos
01-25-2007, 02:31 PM
hamsters are a constant source of smiles

Intense125
01-25-2007, 09:59 PM
I agree, babyboos! Gwen is just precious...she's a star and doesn't even know it! :) :) :)

racinghamster
01-26-2007, 03:07 AM
I find little hoardes of food in Scooby`s house and just yesterday, in a neatly consealed corner, where he had covered his stash with litter! Wee monkey!

The robos tend to hide theirs in their sand baths and anywhere convenient! :roll: I`ve even seen them piling it up in their wheels! :lol: